Rockshox Yari + Charger 2.1 damper = Lyrik ?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rockshox Yari + Charger 2.1 damper = Lyrik ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 1:25 Quote
Simple question, If you buy a Rockshox Yari and swap the motion control damper to a Charger 2.1 Damper, Is the yari then basicly a Lyrik, or are there other differences?

Been trying to google this but haven't found an answer...

FL
Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 18:06 Quote
Interested in this also

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 0:22 Quote
Bnito wrote:
Simple question, If you buy a Rockshox Yari and swap the motion control damper to a Charger 2.1 Damper, Is the yari then basicly a Lyrik, or are there other differences?

Apart from the stickers i think that's it. They use the same spring side parts for both, they're made of the same stuff and are the same size and shape. I'm really impressed with my yari rc, well worth trying the motion control before you blow 200 quid on a new damper.

Others may agree that instead of upgrading to an off the shelf damper it could be money better spent to have something custom tuned, not something I've bothered with personally.

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
Bnito wrote:

Yes, basicaly you get Lyrik. Can be good upgrade if you get Yari on bike. But if you are buying new, just go straight for the Lyrik, there is not much price difference with Yari+upgrade price i think.

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 12:13 Quote
Thanks for the clarification.

I do already own a yari, been planning on upgrading the motion damper to either charger 2 or 2.1

Also considering bying a new bike with either yari or lyrik, though the price difference is just the price of the charger damper, so i think i should just get lyrik Smile

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 16:32 Quote
i more or less had the same question with the revelation - revs are running MC dampers, swap em out with a charger damper - i believe theyre now pikes. Smile not too sure though.

FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 23:16 Quote
Im doing the FAST yari up conversion. I will post updates.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
droppindown wrote:
Im doing the FAST yari up conversion. I will post updates.

I'll be interested to hear about that.

FL
Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 23:17 Quote
Got the kit last night will be installing friday.

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 0:27 Quote
Lyril is 200 gram lighter and uses different oil in 2020

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
The stanchions are butted on both the Pike and Lyric, hence the lighter weight vs Yari and Revelation.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 12:10 Quote
Can we bring this thread back to life? I am on Giant Reign 29 2 with a 160mm Yari and am wondering about dropping $500 Canadian plus install on this upgrade... Is it night and day? On the Singletracks forum, a lot of people said you can only really feel the difference when pushing hard. My hands did start to give up a bit with the Yari at the 3-5 minute mark on the downs when it got rougher. Can you tune that out of the Yari or is that where you decide whether the $500 is worth it?

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 18:23 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
Can we bring this thread back to life? I am on Giant Reign 29 2 with a 160mm Yari and am wondering about dropping $500 Canadian plus install on this upgrade... Is it night and day? On the Singletracks forum, a lot of people said you can only really feel the difference when pushing hard. My hands did start to give up a bit with the Yari at the 3-5 minute mark on the downs when it got rougher. Can you tune that out of the Yari or is that where you decide whether the $500 is worth it?

I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on the upgrade, so I put in a longer air shaft, $40US (150mm to 160mm), and went from 25% to 30% sag. Very plush!

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 21:27 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:

If you're looking at upgrading dampers in a yari/lyrik I strongly recommend the PUSH hyper charger damper. It's similar in price to the charger 2/2.1 but more tunable and I personally think it performs better.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 11:17 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:

If you're looking at upgrading dampers in a yari/lyrik I strongly recommend the PUSH hyper charger damper. It's similar in price to the charger 2/2.1 but more tunable and I personally think it performs better.

The PUSH is only compatible with Charger 2/2.1 isn't it? Meaning you need to drop US250 on the Charger, then another US250 on the PUSH...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012427
Mobile Version of Website