Yt Jeffsy for enduro racing

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Yt Jeffsy for enduro racing
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
Yt46 wrote:
Think I am going to use the Jeffsy. I have read good things about using a coil on the rear so I am looking into that upgrade. Just wondering if a coil fork upgrade is worth the money. That doesn't seem like a popular upgrade.

Definitely go coil in the rear. IMO the 2019 Jeffsy is more than enough for most enduro races. You also have to decide if you are going to be racing enough to buy a dedicated "enduro" race bike or if you can get by just fine with your Jeffsy. If you're a casual racer like me my 2019 Jeffsy 27.5 cf pro is plenty of bike for races in Colorado but I'm not gunning for podium spots or cash prizes. Coil in the rear of the Jeffsy absolutely transformed the bike for the better. Zero negatives by switching from air and so many benefits.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 17:09 Quote
I am going with the ext coil for the rear and push conversion for the front. That should make the most out of my Jeffsy. If I start to out ride the bike then I will find something different. Can't wait for the upcoming season.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 21:36 Quote
I think you’re doing the right thing.

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
Yt46 wrote:
I am going with the ext coil for the rear and push conversion for the front. That should make the most out of my Jeffsy. If I start to out ride the bike then I will find something different. Can't wait for the upcoming season.

The performance of that coil shock is going to blow you away. Every time I ride my Jeffsy with the DVO Jade I still cant believe how well it tracks in all terrain, uphill and downhill. Can't speak to the Push coil fork conversion but a friend of mine has a Vorsprung coil kit in his Pike and loves it.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 5:37 Quote
This gave me more confidence in the my hopes that 150mm air shaft and a coil shock will make my 19 cf pro an enduro machine. I have kept going back and forth from that and getting a capra but I think ill follow your lead and see what i can make out of the jeffsy

Posted: Dec 29, 2019 at 10:52 Quote
I raced my 2018 27.5 AL Comp all this year and quickly started modifying it with upgraded fork internals and travel to 160mm, -1.5° headset, offset shock bushings to make the geometry more enduro/gravity friendly. Honestly it’s become a jack of all trades with only the shock holding it back and that’s next on the list. For all the U.K. trail centres and local home built trails it’s got them down to a T. The only point where the bike was at its limit was on the black runs at the bike parks. I’ve had a ride of a Capra and my honest opinion is that if I was was just going to ride bike parks and race enduro buy the Capra. If you ride in the week/weekends with your mates at trail centres or have your own local loop with some road sections in between etc and want to do a few races’ stay with Jeff the jack of all trades. My only regret is that I didn’t buy the 29er version.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011498
Mobile Version of Website