The Post your DH bike thread.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Post your DH bike thread.
O+
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 6:40 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
You DHers and your non-drive side photos! Big Grin

I like to look at both sides, but if I had to choose one side to look at, I’d rather see the brakes than the drivetrain. Moon

O+
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
I love drive-side photos!
Highland Bike Park
2005 Turner DHR restore Project

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 16:11 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

I like to look at both sides, but if I had to choose one side to look at, I’d rather see the brakes than the drivetrain. Moon
"Uncultured Swine"

O+
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 16:34 Quote
rpb10276 wrote:
I love drive-side photos!
Highland Bike Park
2005 Turner DHR restore Project

Wow! I like both, especially the M9! The Ferrari red looks killer!

O+
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 16:36 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

"Uncultured Swine"

lol

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
photo

Here's my 2014 carbon demo 8, my fav bike to date. Spec is as follows

-2016 boxxer world cup
-cane creek double barrrel coil
-x0 drive train with descendant cranks
-soon to have saint m820 brakeset (currently using avid trail 7 whilst theyre in the mail)
-chromag semenuk seat so that people know i do t-bogs Wink

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 18:58 Quote
I really miss those 26'' DH days
Better pictures
Better pictures
Better pictures

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
1998 Sintesi Bazooka

Recently fully restored using parts from the era as much as possible.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 2:20 Quote
My rig for 2020! I can highly recommend suspension tuning. The Boxxer team works fantastic now.

Specialized Demo 8

O+
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 12:32 Quote
In the process of replacing my dh bike with a ss nomad 4.
Just about finished the build, brake hoses need shortened and waiting for a seatpost.

Plan is to sell dh bike and get the cascade link for the nomad and have to the option of running it with boxxers reduced to 190.

photo

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 13:48 Quote
Session lightest DH bike project 12 520kg with pedals only missing grips need to cut bars maybe shorten chain more change chainring to a lichter one to get it below 12 5kg

My weight weenie project, and yes that says 12.520kg

O+
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Why single speed?

Why not!?

My local dh trails have commercial shuttle runs to the top. Its just laps down the hill. My DH bike has sram 7 speed dh set up but more often than not I find I'm not even using the rage of gears even on the 7 speed cassette. Its nice eliminating the need for shifting. It feels like its one less thing to think about and helps me tune in and focus even more on the trail.

Theres also the reliability aspect too. Less to break or go wrong!

Single speed maybe isnt for everyone. But next time you ride your dh bike, when you get to the end of the run have a think about how many times you changed gear.
How many times did the the thought "oh this is a bit too spinny... hmm feels too hard a gear, shift up..." occur?

Maybe its only me who thinks like that but sometimes shifting on the dh bike feels like a needless distraction!

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
G-horseNoBrakes wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Why single speed?

Why not!?

My local dh trails have commercial shuttle runs to the top. Its just laps down the hill. My DH bike has sram 7 speed dh set up but more often than not I find I'm not even using the rage of gears even on the 7 speed cassette. Its nice eliminating the need for shifting. It feels like its one less thing to think about and helps me tune in and focus even more on the trail.

Theres also the reliability aspect too. Less to break or go wrong!

Single speed maybe isnt for everyone. But next time you ride your dh bike, when you get to the end of the run have a think about how many times you changed gear.
How many times did the the thought "oh this is a bit too spinny... hmm feels too hard a gear, shift up..." occur?

Maybe its only me who thinks like that but sometimes shifting on the dh bike feels like a needless distraction!

Agree 100%. I have recently converted my DH to 1x1 after noticing that the only time I change gear is when I'm riding to or from a trail. Now I got less clutter and my bike looks even cleaner. I'm surprised more people don't do it as it's so simple to do.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.065889
Mobile Version of Website