Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
Bolts from the older Slash - Trek No 540755

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
nmorrish wrote:
oh perfect thanks...

my Slash frame delayed until July because no shocks from RS
Have asked my dealer to ask Trek if I can have just the frame for now!!!
we shall see

That would probably require Trek amending their entire product tracking process just to get your frame to skip that step. If your Brandon Semenuk, or Cam Mccaul, I might see that happening to get you your frame. Outside that I'd say it's unlikely.

Be neat if I was wrong though.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
Anybody successfully run a coil on the ‘21 slash yet? I know trek says it’s possible just curious what people have run and how it feels. If progressive springs are necessary, etc.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 22:17 Quote
Looking to switch things up and get a slash. Currently riding a Specialized Stumpy Evo. Anyone know when aluminum frame sets are coming back in stock?

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 6:07 Quote
stokedrightnow wrote:
Anybody successfully run a coil on the ‘21 slash yet? I know trek says it’s possible just curious what people have run and how it feels. If progressive springs are necessary, etc.

I was about to ask the same question here

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 6:54 Quote
timotheysski wrote:
stokedrightnow wrote:

I was about to ask the same question here

i'm running a linear coil on my "old" 2018 Trek Slash and it works fine (on a X2, meaning I can close the high speed compression if i need to).
the new Slash is more progressive than the former one, so there must be no issue with running a linear coil shock on it!

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
oregontradesman wrote:
Looking to switch things up and get a slash. Currently riding a Specialized Stumpy Evo. Anyone know when aluminum frame sets are coming back in stock?

I was looking at every possible combo to get rolling when I ordered my 9.8, and the alloy frames were set for end of July IIRC.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 9:27 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
oregontradesman wrote:

I was looking at every possible combo to get rolling when I ordered my 9.8, and the alloy frames were set for end of July IIRC.

That’s a long wait, maybe I’ll find a 7

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
oregontradesman wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
oregontradesman wrote:

just my opinion, but I'd go with the 8 if I were you. for "only" 300 dollars, you get really good suspension (massive upgrade from the 7), much better brakes, better overall cockpit and stuff. especially the suspension and brakes are a real gamechanger, and honestly, for the price of a new fork damper, it's a no-brainer for me. I tested both and went with the 8 because it just feels so much more consistent and supportive and balanced, especially suspension wise and it can actually brake.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
timotheysski wrote:
oregontradesman wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:

just my opinion, but I'd go with the 8 if I were you. for "only" 300 dollars, you get really good suspension (massive upgrade from the 7), much better brakes, better overall cockpit and stuff. especially the suspension and brakes are a real gamechanger, and honestly, for the price of a new fork damper, it's a no-brainer for me. I tested both and went with the 8 because it just feels so much more consistent and supportive and balanced, especially suspension wise and it can actually brake.

Don't bother waiting for an 8. Unless somethings changed from from what my LBS told me, I'd be waiting till 2022!

My advice - find a store that has a bike coming and put a deposit on it. Ordering now will mean you don't get a bike for most all f the riding season. Use the wait to stock up on brake pads, chains, cassettes and tires when you find them in stock somewhere. Because the supply chain on those things isn't working great either.

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 18:55 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
timotheysski wrote:
oregontradesman wrote:

Don't bother waiting for an 8. Unless somethings changed from from what my LBS told me, I'd be waiting till 2022!

My advice - find a store that has a bike coming and put a deposit on it. Ordering now will mean you don't get a bike for most all f the riding season. Use the wait to stock up on brake pads, chains, cassettes and tires when you find them in stock somewhere. Because the supply chain on those things isn't working great either.

i did also hear the 2022 think about the slashes. turns out my LBS in New Hampshire has most of the north American stock. what I did was get on trek's website and use the live customer support chat to ask for slashes in stock near me. turns out there were a dozen in my area and I could find none online. I'd recommend trying that before anything else.

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 11:40 Quote
stokedrightnow wrote:

I wouldn't count too much on whatever feedback some people give on this matter. I bought a DHX2 for my Rail, based on all the hype and a portion of curiousity. After trying different springs (450/475/500/500) I gave up, and came to the conclusion that this frame is probably not that suited to coil shocks if you ride rough terrain fast and weigh over 190 lbs. By the time the spring was stiff enough to avoid bottom outs, it had lost most of the benefits of coil. So I ended up with a X2 2021 and loved it.

Not saying that the Rail and Slash are similiar... Just trying to contribute to nuancing the hype.

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 16:27 Quote
I also had an AL frame on order and it was supposed to ship 2/1 and then got pushed out to July.

I ended up getting a red 7 and ordered a super deluxe ultimate coil the trunnion 230x62.5 and I’ll just build that up instead. I honestly prefer a coil anyways.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
Seinar wrote:
stokedrightnow wrote:

I wouldn't count too much on whatever feedback some people give on this matter. I bought a DHX2 for my Rail, based on all the hype and a portion of curiousity. After trying different springs (450/475/500/500) I gave up, and came to the conclusion that this frame is probably not that suited to coil shocks if you ride rough terrain fast and weigh over 190 lbs. By the time the spring was stiff enough to avoid bottom outs, it had lost most of the benefits of coil. So I ended up with a X2 2021 and loved it.

Not saying that the Rail and Slash are similiar... Just trying to contribute to nuancing the hype.

Yup nailed it. X2 air here as well. Coil will work if you are lightweight only. Even then, hard charging will bottom out more frequently.

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 1:36 Quote
trek wrote:
Saloma-BR wrote:
Hey guys, anyone else installed the old tokens (red) on the 2021 Super Deluxe? The manual says that only the new purple token are compatible.

For me the Red token fits (not flushed all the way as intended) and seems to be working fine, i should be worried with premature wear, the token unclip and become loose or something like that?

Maybe i'll just try to trim the token to fit like the purple, as i can tell the only difference is the notches at the border.

Maybe Mitch have something to add about the tokens.

I had to do some digging on this one, but I was able to find the correct part numbers for the tokens needed for the Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate ThruShaft.

11.4118.051.005 REAR SHOCK VOLUME REDUCER KIT - (INCLUDES 3 POSITIVE TOKENS) - SUPER DELUXE THRUSHAFT C1 (2021)
11.4118.051.006 REAR SHOCK VOLUME REDUCER KIT - (INCLUDES 1 NEGATIVE TOKEN) - SUPER DELUXE THRUSHAFT C1 (2021)

-Mitch Beer

So, these ones are the correct positive tokens for the back, right?

https://bikesale.com/rockshoxrearshockvolumereducerkit-includes3positivetokenssuperdeluxethrushaftc12021.aspx

photo

Found that with the mentioned article number of Mitch: 11.4118.051.005

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017916
Mobile Version of Website