Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 23:33 Quote
anyone having problems with the downtube protection not sticking to the frame properly? is there any glue or tape to use without damaging the paint?

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
olliridestrek wrote:
anyone having problems with the downtube protection not sticking to the frame properly? is there any glue or tape to use without damaging the paint?

My Slash 8 is doing the same. I've seen people say to use a low strength epoxy glue, some flexible epoxy, or some more 3m VHB double sided tape. I guess it's from the adhesive not sticking well to the shiny paint, but to me, it looks like the curve of the protector doesn't match the curve of the frame.

I'm thinking about pulling it and scuffing up the paint below it slightly, cleaning, and reapplying with new adhesive.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 13:51 Quote
zstover wrote:
timotheysski wrote:
felix571 wrote:

The part number is: 11.4118.051.005

And here is a shop link: https://bikesale.com/rockshoxrearshockvolumereducerkit-includes3positivetokenssuperdeluxethrushaftc12021.aspx

Just got one token installed, feels pretty good so far. Gets a little more poppy and you can definetly feel more back pressure in the travel.
yes and whatever you do, DO NOT put the normal super deluxe tokens the thru shaft has special ones idk what happens but Ive heard its not funny things

I got the new ones. I'm not trying to immediately trash a $600 shock. I'd cry.
yes lmao me too. one of my friends almost did that. he said "nah i have a couple of spacers lying around from my super deluxe" and I was like "stop right there"

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
photo

Anyone knows if it would work in a Trek Slash 8 2019?
It's a RockShock Super Deluxe Coil 230x57,5

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
Tannex wrote:
photo

Not without a lot of work: https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=207583

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
Tannex wrote:
photo

Not without a lot of work: https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=207583

Thanks!
I think with the right bushings it should work, but better if someone has done it and can hep me

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
olliridestrek wrote:

Mine was completely peeling off down at the bottom bracket. I took it to the store I brought it from and they replaced it no questions asked. it seems to be holding on much better now

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 1:48 Quote
has anyone put a rock shox super deluxe dh shock on their bike? If so what needs to be done for it to fit?

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
liam165 wrote:
olliridestrek wrote:

Mine was completely peeling off down at the bottom bracket. I took it to the store I brought it from and they replaced it no questions asked. it seems to be holding on much better now
omg I had the exact same problem and the shop replaced it. I'm getting my bike back today so ill see how it went.
however, I suspect the bottom part was pushed down too much by the misplaced top part but since they only provided the bottom part to replace, I fear it might do the same thing, but I guess I'll see.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 9:36 Quote
liam165 wrote:
has anyone put a rock shox super deluxe dh shock on their bike? If so what needs to be done for it to fit?
good question I know the normal super deluxe does not fit because lockout lever but since this one doesn't have it...
if you have it on hand, try it and fully decompress it, otherwise, ask trek and explicitly state the lockout lever situation

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 23:24 Quote
what is everyone running for tires? not happy with the team issues, pretty weak tire, front slipping doesn't feel secure, even with low pressures. I was looking into michelin wild enduros magix front and rear, where i live its pretty flat, lots of loose dirt with roots, nothing to steep and crazy but i plan on doing bikepark trips and riding nature trails, so i need something that rolls decent and is still strong and secure. any recommendations?

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 1:41 Quote
front: Maxxis assgai bike park... not park, dhf or mellow trails dhr2.
Rear: dhr2 for big stuff like park or steep, dissector/aggressor for more rolling speed and fun.

I use Exo+ for home trails with no rocks, i move to DD for bike park if in a sending mood, havnt tore a exo+ yet at the park yet.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 6:57 Quote
Aggressor DD rear / Assegai exo+ front.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
Magic Mary supergravity soft. front and rear

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
Assegai exo front dhr2 exo rear w cushcore

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018567
Mobile Version of Website