Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 13:49 Quote
Rickedem wrote:
RohitSengupta wrote:
Rickedem wrote:
Should be done now for awhile haha. 21 9.8xt-Fox factory 38 180mm fork, Fox factory DHX2, One up 210mm dropper, Wolf tooth dropper lever, Ergon enduro saddle, Shimano saint pedals, One up uncut carbon bars, ODI grips, 203mm rotors front and back, Maxxis 2.5 high roller 2 on the rear, Maxxis 2.6 DHR on the front. Bike is a blast and luckily shepherd mountain is 30 min from me although I havent been since adding the coil.
photo
photo
photo
what size is the shock stroke?

230x62.5

thanks man

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 4:32 Quote
Hi all.

I have I quick question that I'm hoping someone may be able to answer. I'm aware that the super deluxe air shock won't fit in the slash frame due to the lever position. Does anyone know about the super deluxe select r, as as far as I can tell, it doesn't have a lock out lever.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 5:51 Quote
Rickedem wrote:
Should be done now for awhile haha. 21 9.8xt-Fox factory 38 180mm fork, Fox factory DHX2, One up 210mm dropper, Wolf tooth dropper lever, Ergon enduro saddle, Shimano saint pedals, One up uncut carbon bars, ODI grips, 203mm rotors front and back, Maxxis 2.5 high roller 2 on the rear, Maxxis 2.6 DHR on the front. Bike is a blast and luckily shepherd mountain is 30 min from me although I havent been since adding the coil.
photo

Very nice build man!

May I ask why you prefer running your stem/bar "so high"? (AND you have a 180mm fork)
I'm running my stem slammed as close to the head tube as possible on my Slash 2021 size L. I feel the lower stack height the better.

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 6:01 Quote
pqbb wrote:
Rickedem wrote:
photo

Very nice build man!

May I ask why you prefer running your stem/bar "so high"? (AND you have a 180mm fork)
I'm running my stem slammed as close to the head tube as possible on my Slash 2021 size L. I feel the lower stack height the better.

Look at the pic again…. Seat post is dropped.

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 6:09 Quote
mustclime wrote:
pqbb wrote:
Rickedem wrote:

Very nice build man!

Look at the pic again…. Seat post is dropped.

I'm asking about the bar/stem height... not sure what your comment is about. I do realize the seat post is at it's lowest, that's not why I think the bars look high. We can see the stem is high because it looks like it has 3 or 4 of the stock spacers beneath it. Which is what I'm asking about.

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 6:37 Quote
pqbb wrote:
Rickedem wrote:
photo

Very nice build man!

Im 6'3 but only 32inseem so with my torso so long it helps with my back

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 9:36 Quote
Chicken-man wrote:
Hi all.

I have I quick question that I'm hoping someone may be able to answer. I'm aware that the super deluxe air shock won't fit in the slash frame due to the lever position. Does anyone know about the super deluxe select r, as as far as I can tell, it doesn't have a lock out lever.

Thanks in advance.

It barely hits with the lever, so you may be safe with the lever-less Super Deluxe, but we recommend testing it at full compression to be sure it won't hit before riding.

Here is a list of known compatible shocks that we tested:
- MY21 Fox X2 Coil
- MY21 Fox X2 Air
- RockShox Super Deluxe Coil
- Fox DPX2
- MRP Hazard
- Also, a variety of inline shocks (no reservoir/piggyback) will fit

P.S. great seeing all these sweet Slash builds in here everyone! Can't believe it's been over a year since the new Slash - I still love mine!

-Mitch

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 11:11 Quote
trek wrote:
Chicken-man wrote:
Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

It barely hits with the lever, so you may be safe with the lever-less Super Deluxe, but we recommend testing it at full compression to be sure it won't hit before riding.

- MY21 Fox X2 Coil
- MY21 Fox X2 Air
- Fox DPX2
- MRP Hazard

P.S. great seeing all these sweet Slash builds in here everyone! Can't believe it's been over a year since the new Slash - I still love mine!

-Mitch

Cheers mitch,

May I trouble you to see if you know whether the shocks from a Santa cruz would fit? Or will there be an issue due to the bearing mounts?

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 22:52 Quote
Hey guys,

is there any kind of overview for all the correct torques and clockwise/anti-clockwise threads?

I am looking at a torque wrench for both clockwise and anti-clockwise threads and Im not sure about the best torque range.
What do you think about this one (10-50NM)? Are there any anti-clockwise threads left which I can´t tighten then?

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07CN5JHHM/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&th=1https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07CN5JHHM/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&th=1

For the low (Cockpit) and very high torques (BB) I got a wrench for clockwise threads.

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 0:36 Quote
felix571 wrote:
Hey guys,

is there any kind of overview for all the correct torques and clockwise/anti-clockwise threads?

I am looking at a torque wrench for both clockwise and anti-clockwise threads and Im not sure about the best torque range.
What do you think about this one (10-50NM)? Are there any anti-clockwise threads left which I can´t tighten then?

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07CN5JHHM/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&th=1https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07CN5JHHM/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&th=1

For the low (Cockpit) and very high torques (BB) I got a wrench for clockwise threads.

Thanks in advance!

For torque wrenches - dont cheap out, alot of cheap high torque value torque wrenches, ie 20-100nm, 20nm is more like 30.
I suggest get a quality one for low values 1-15 or 17, and anther that does like 10-25, anything over those numbers like Sram Cranks, just crank it tight with a "small" Breaker bar.

Personally i use a giant one for 2-17nm and after many other wrenches that just werent accurate that went to approx 50-70, i finally forked up the money for a park tool(10-60) one and i confirmed with my torque adapter its spot on. but for larger ones like sram cranks i just do them up with a small bar and never had an issue

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 1:40 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
felix571 wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

For torque wrenches - dont cheap out, alot of cheap high torque value torque wrenches, ie 20-100nm, 20nm is more like 30.
I suggest get a quality one for low values 1-15 or 17, and anther that does like 10-25, anything over those numbers like Sram Cranks, just crank it tight with a "small" Breaker bar.

Personally i use a giant one for 2-17nm and after many other wrenches that just werent accurate that went to approx 50-70, i finally forked up the money for a park tool(10-60) one and i confirmed with my torque adapter its spot on. but for larger ones like sram cranks i just do them up with a small bar and never had an issue

That 10-60Nm torque wrench from Park Tools is just clockwise measured, right?

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 5:46 Quote
felix571 wrote:
That 10-60Nm torque wrench from Park Tools is just clockwise measured, right?

If you mean the Park TW-6.2 it works both clockwise and anti-clockwise. I have that wrench and its great. Paired it with a small beam style wrench for the 1-10nm range so I have coverage for everything.

Park also released a couple of beam style ones not too long ago, TW-1.2 and TW-2.2. You could get both 0-14nm and 0-60nm for less than the price of the TW-6.2 alone. Plus they're simple and reliable.

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 15:21 Quote
Chicken-man wrote:
trek wrote:
Chicken-man wrote:
Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

- MY21 Fox X2 Coil
- MY21 Fox X2 Air
- Fox DPX2
- MRP Hazard

-Mitch

Cheers mitch,

May I trouble you to see if you know whether the shocks from a Santa cruz would fit? Or will there be an issue due to the bearing mounts?

That is something I do not know of. I don't see any conversations regarding their shocks being installed on our bikes in general either. Brand shocks are typically tuned to their own bikes anyways, it may be best looking at a non-proprietary model so then you have an easier baseline to start your tune from and tuning guides would be more accurate.

-Mitch

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
felix571 wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Torque values should be printed all over the bike - each bolt has the value on it for suspension bolts. Other parts may have it on the part itself near the bolts (i.e. stems).

As for a torque wrench, I'd recommend a Park Tool 6.2 or the Unior Slipper Torque Wrench - 264 (I use this one, great torque value range).

-Mitch

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 23:08 Quote
trek wrote:
felix571 wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Torque values should be printed all over the bike - each bolt has the value on it for suspension bolts. Other parts may have it on the part itself near the bolts (i.e. stems).

As for a torque wrench, I'd recommend a Park Tool 6.2 or the Unior Slipper Torque Wrench - 264 (I use this one, great torque value range).

-Mitch

Hey Mitch,

thank you for your feedback!
I just checked both of the wrenches and they monitor the torque in one direction only. Did you check the Gedore wrench I linked?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016335
Mobile Version of Website