Crash stories?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 1:05 Quote
I nosed cased a big gap jump which was supposed to be easy to overshoot. Went awkward on the set up jump and lost all speed and nose dived really hard and fell on my face.

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 7:12 Quote
I was night riding an un-familiar trail and I was coming down a straight section and came across a rock slide over the trail. Before I knew what was happening I was sliding on my shoulder through sharp boulders. It is safe to say the flesh on my shoulder was mutilated and I was heavily bruised in the groin. Haven't been on a night ride since (2 years)

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 21:20 Quote
Went around a corner way to fast and had to scramble to avoid a tree. I don't remember how it happened but I was laying on my back ahead of my bike which was upside-down standing with the bars perfectly perpindicular to the frame like I has flipped it over to fix the chain or something. Amazingly I wasn't hurting much... and was certainly more careful the next time tup

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 21:20 Quote
p-m-z wrote:
I was night riding an un-familiar trail and I was coming down a straight section and came across a rock slide over the trail. Before I knew what was happening I was sliding on my shoulder through sharp boulders. It is safe to say the flesh on my shoulder was mutilated and I was heavily bruised in the groin. Haven't been on a night ride since (2 years)

Lights or no lights?

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 22:07 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
p-m-z wrote:

Lights or no lights?

Headlamps and old bike lights. Didn't provide enough light to justify going 20 down a hill bomb

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 18:29 Quote
p-m-z wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
p-m-z wrote:

Lights or no lights?

Headlamps and old bike lights. Didn't provide enough light to justify going 20 down a hill bomb

you will get steezier! tup

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 20:58 Quote
I decided to go on a ride with some Jerry’s so I could help them get down the hill, I offered to plan the route because i had ridden in the zone for years. Another rider decided to plan the route and get everything ready for the ride. So I was told that he had chose a “all downhill” run down, planning for that I threw on my chest plate, dh knee pads, thick dh pants, and a full face helmet with no ventilation. So the time came to go on the ride and I get a ride to the meeting spot near the fire road, so I get there and I see almost 8 more people than signed up to go. So we loaded the bikes up onto the cars and drove to the top, we get out and we had to climb a bit to the top of the run. So we get to the top and i gear up, the first red flag was that the “trail” that we were going to go down had no name at the entrance and had 4 fallen trees blocking the trail. But after we got past those we had a pretty fast hill to go down, I showed everyone what body position they should be in and to loosen up so they could move. So I drop in first and after about 25 seconds of the downhill i noticed that the trail was getting skinnier and had more plants growing in the middle of the trail. And note that I was riding a brand new enduro bike with weaker breaks than I was used too (and they weren’t bedded in), so I was flying at about 28 mph and I was about to start slowing down so I could go up and guide people down. But before I was able to stop I hit a MX rut on the side of the trail and I flew OTB at about 23 mph. It was a blur but I remember I had a good amount of time to think before I crashed. I got up pretty fast which was surprising because I was going fast enough and I hit in an area where I could’ve been seriously injured. But I got up thanks to my dh gear and picked up my bike to realize that my bars were all screwed up, and the one tool I didn’t bring was an Allen wrench. So I kicked it back in place and we hiked back up to the fire road because they realized that they went down the wrong trail! So I struggle to get back up with my gear hanging to my bike. It wasn’t worth it at all because in total our group got 10 flats and the trail they chose was a crappy downhill and had a lot of short and steep xc style climbs. It was still cool because I helped some Jerry’s get down alive and i wasn’t in the hospital. But still I will never ride with that group again.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010442
Mobile Version of Website