Virginia riders....anyone??

PB Forum :: USA - East
Virginia riders....anyone??
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 12:15 Quote
about 8 hours from Rhode Island...

45 minutes from Wash DC

da woods somewhere, on private property where strange things happen to people who try to poach.

tiz a very nice place to ride --- one of the coolest but, actual location is unknown

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 15:03 Quote
Awesome ride at Sherando Lake today! 60 degrees, shorts and t-shirts in the middle of December, in the mountains Cool ......I love Virginia weather. We're thinking of going sometime next week or weekend if any of ya'll in here ride out there.

Flowly singletrack at the bottom of White Rock Gap

Appalachian Mountain scenery

View from the top of Bald Mountain

Tim successfully riding The Staircase

Blue Ridge mountains

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 16:22 Quote
aw man we were going to go today, but my brother was sick. That whole trail is so much fun, it has everything!

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 19:07 Quote
Ah man that sucks, the weather was perfect! It was our first time riding there, had a great time though. Post up in here if you're gonna try to ride there, we're definitely trying to go again sometime soon. You're right about the trail for sure though, killer tech up on Torry Ridge and fast flow on the Slacks! A must ride if you live in Va..

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 at 16:56 Quote
I know we don't have a lot of great places for a dh trail but we should try and get somthing going for the bell built grant. For those who didn't read the article, this year the grant is going towards funding a technical trail this year.

Not sure where or if there's even the support to do so but I for one would love having a dh trail around northern Virginia/maryland. Maybe revamping the watershed? If the trails could get legalized there and we could use the grant to expand/improve upon what's there that would be awesome. Other locations would be fine to so any ideas?

Just throwin things out here. What do you guys think?

FL
Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 5:29 Quote
Go for it! I think it would be a long shot since Richmond won last year's East Coast grant for the flow trail at Pocahontas State Park as part of the RideCenter. I was personally involved in the process last year here in Richmond and it took a ton of effort and a full on campaign to win that thing. With the new criteria only giving one grant across the county I think it would be tough to repeat. However, VA has a large support network so anything is possible. If someone puts forth an application, I will help support it for sure!

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 6:50 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:
Ah man that sucks, the weather was perfect! It was our first time riding there, had a great time though. Post up in here if you're gonna try to ride there, we're definitely trying to go again sometime soon. You're right about the trail for sure though, killer tech up on Torry Ridge and fast flow on the Slacks! A must ride if you live in Va..

I was there the 28th and the weather was incredible...

I'm a relatively new transplant to VA (from just south of Asheville NC, (so yeah, was spoiled with trails) and I've ridden Sherando a bunch as it's not 20 minutes from me. I've yet to attempt that staircase as I'm usually riding solo and I overthink it. Plus the very last time I rode it, all the rocks were covered in ice/snow.

I'm always up for a ride there (mainly weekends) so if anyone wants to ride, post up.
I'm waiting for the days to get longer so I can go explore more of the GW area up around Stokesville for some after work rides (I work in Bridgewater).

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 12:02 Quote
Yeah man if you work in bridgewater you should definitely try to head out in the stokesville direction there is so much good trail. Wolf off of reddish knob is probably one of my favorites but they are all fun. Come check out the friday group rides out of SBC we ride a different awesome trail every week.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047444
Mobile Version of Website