2018 Rockshox Deluxe RT Service

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2018 Rockshox Deluxe RT Service
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 14, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
Has anyone carried out the 200hr service on the 2018 Rockshox Deluxe RT rear shock?
If so, how difficult is it?
I've just looked at the service manual on the Rockshox/Sram website and it looks like there is quite a lot to it. Therefore I was considering just doing the 50hr service.
Having said all that, I have just successfully carried out the 200hr service on a 2018 Yari fork which included the Debonair air spring and Motion Control damper. I did find lots of YouTube videos on how to do this though which made it very straight forward. I cant however find any videos on how to do the rear shock. I can only find videos showing the 50hr air can service (which looks like a doddle!).

Posted: Mar 14, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
It’s doable by a home mechanic but your gonna need some special tools like shaft clamps and soft jaws for vice, ifp adaptor for your shock pump, crows feet in a couple of sizes and a good torque wrench etc. Rockshox do a step by step guide with pics if you look it up with an exact list of tools and parts needed. Only prob is the ifp should be filled with nitrogen but I did mine with the shock pump and shock has been fine since.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007637
Mobile Version of Website