2021 remedy

PB Forum :: Trek
2021 remedy
O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
hey everyone.

I am on a 29er right now, have been for the last 2 years. am i gonna hate 27.5????????

Remedy's in Canada just went on sale. 2021's.........need to buy someething!

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 18:59 Quote
astorms wrote:
hey everyone.

I am on a 29er right now, have been for the last 2 years. am i gonna hate 27.5????????

What type of terrain do you ride? I don't think you'll necessarily hate it, its just different. For tighter & more finesse stuff (tech, switchbacks, jumps, etc) you'll probably prefer 27.5. They accelerate easier and are more playful.

29ers excel at rolling faster and easier over big obstacles. Better for all out speed (but 27.5 are still fast too)

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 19:16 Quote
So real talk, I have been purposely buying a 27.5 Remedy for 4 years now, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE BIKE. I'll be bummed when it doesnt exist Frown

But I'll ride this 27.5 Remedy as long as I possibly can.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 21:52 Quote
WY228 wrote:
astorms wrote:
hey everyone.

What type of terrain do you ride? I don't think you'll necessarily hate it, its just different. For tighter & more finesse stuff (tech, switchbacks, jumps, etc) you'll probably prefer 27.5. They accelerate easier and are more playful.

29ers excel at rolling faster and easier over big obstacles. Better for all out speed (but 27.5 are still fast too)

What he said Beer

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 6:56 Quote
WY228 wrote:
astorms wrote:
hey everyone.

80% of my riding is Trail/AM. 10-20km distance, with min 300m climbing. I don't shuttle, i don't do lift access. Im a "big guy", 6'3, 210 riding weight. I like to climb, and we do a lot of it. Descending is where i want to improve. I want to go faster and plow through the chunk/gnar.

I am really looking at the remedy, as its a bit beefier than the Fuel. But the fuel seems quite capable too.

I just don't want to feel like i took a step back in equipment by going 27.5.

The new remedy comes with 2.6 tires, so i am sure that helps with contact patch.

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 8:02 Quote
astorms wrote:

80% of my riding is Trail/AM. 10-20km distance, with min 300m climbing. I don't shuttle, i don't do lift access. Im a "big guy", 6'3, 210 riding weight. I like to climb, and we do a lot of it. Descending is where i want to improve. I want to go faster and plow through the chunk/gnar.

I am really looking at the remedy, as its a bit beefier than the Fuel. But the fuel seems quite capable too.

The new remedy comes with 2.6 tires, so i am sure that helps with contact patch.
I’m 6’5 210 and have been riding a 2019 remedy 9.8 for 2 seasons now. It climbs really well and it’s super fun to ride but it is definitely more of a bike for picking lines and riding instead of just plowing through. Basically a big slope bike. If you are looking for plowability go with a slash or even fuel ex. The reach is longer on both of those (the remedy is super short) and the big wheels will help too. I will admit I struggled setting up the stupid reaktiv shock (It blows through travel like I blow money on bikes) and the only time I don’t hate it is when I have max psi in the shock with the compression in the pedal mode and max rebound damping which will make the bike not really plow. The 2021 bikes without reaktiv should be a lot easier to set up well and may add to the plowability but it still won’t be the same as a longer reach 29er.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 8:17 Quote
Daledenton wrote:
astorms wrote:

I’m 6’5 210 and have been riding a 2019 remedy 9.8 for 2 seasons now. It climbs really well and it’s super fun to ride but it is definitely more of a bike for picking lines and riding instead of just plowing through. Basically a big slope bike. If you are looking for plowability go with a slash or even fuel ex. The reach is longer on both of those (the remedy is super short) and the big wheels will help too. I will admit I struggled setting up the stupid reaktiv shock (It blows through travel like I blow money on bikes) and the only time I don’t hate it is when I have max psi in the shock with the compression in the pedal mode and max rebound damping which will make the bike not really plow. The 2021 bikes without reaktiv should be a lot easier to set up well and may add to the plowability but it still won’t be the same as a longer reach 29er.

Awesome. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 8:57 Quote
astorms wrote:

At 6'3" you'd probably like a 29er. I've heard 6'+ are better off on the bigger wheels.

The fuel EX is a great bike and can hold its own but if you want to plow fast through chunky gnar it can get in over its head fairly quickly with its just 130mm travel.

Personally I think Trek needs to beef up the fuel EX a little more, they have a pretty big gap in their 29er lineup since the trail oriented 140/130 fuel EX then jumps all the way up to the monster truck race steed slash with 170/160.

I think they should up the fuel EX to 150/140 and slacken it out a little more as a true "all-mountain" bike and let the top fuel handle the "trail" category.

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
astorms wrote:

I'm not sure you'd want any enduro bike out there, unless you're targeting a specific area. If you're mostly on AM trails/rolling terrain, any enduro bike is probably too much. The new Fuel is a great pedaler, has built in storage for skittles, and 140mm of travel is more than enough on your trails.

I can't help on the 27vs29 debate for your height. I'm short and my riding generally makes me prefer 27.5, though I own both. Demo both sizes and see if the 27.5 feels good to you. Your types of trails really look like 29er territory, though. I've heard, at a certain height, the 29 just feels overall too big, so I wonder if there's a sweet spot for height that 29er works best...

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
2021 Remedy. Still waiting on parts for build, but this is essentially going to be a factory "9.10" Build.

2021 Remedy 9.8
Rockshox ZEB Ultimate RC2
Bontrager Line PRO 30 carbon wheels
Bontrager Arvada PRO carbon saddle
SRAM X01 Drivetrain
SRAM XX1 Rainbow 1299 Cassette w/ matching chain
OneUp V2 Dropper

photo

photo

photo

photo

Got it out this weekend on a borrowed fork and crank from my wifes bike.
photo

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 14:32 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:
I just picked up a Remedy 9.8. As soon as the fires die down in Santa Cruz, I'll give an update on how the rear shock rides compared to the Rockshox Deluxe w/megneg.

I'm actually mega curious of that exact comparison!

Thanks man!

Ok, I got a couple rides on the DPX2, but not much tuning it. I had a lot of time messing with positive and negative chamber spacers on the megneg, so I think there's still some upside to the DPX2.

DPX2 has a little better small bump compliance than the megneg upgrade. Mid-stroke seems better on the megneg -- probably because of the larger chamber. I still bottom-out both shocks regularly, so neither is that great for me. I might be able to close this gap with opening up the rebound on the dpx2.

Is DPX2 worth the upgrade over having the megneg? imo, no. Better value in the megneg. But the DPX2 is my choice if going from scratch.

I'll be going to coil in a couple weeks. That should really help prevent bottoming out /s

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 13:10 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
2021 Remedy. Still waiting on parts for build, but this is essentially going to be a factory "9.10" Build.

2021 Remedy 9.8
SRAM X01 Drivetrain
OneUp V2 Dropper

Hi - what are your impressions of SE5 on front, SE4 on back - does it seem like it might be better the other way around?

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 13:37 Quote
SuskyRider wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

2021 Remedy 9.8
SRAM X01 Drivetrain
OneUp V2 Dropper

Hi - what are your impressions of SE5 on front, SE4 on back - does it seem like it might be better the other way around?

Absolutely not. I wasn't impressed with SE4 front/rear, but the SE5 front/SE4 rear is working really well. Good enough that I'm not switching to DHF/DHR II right away like I thought I would.

Posted: Oct 2, 2020 at 14:55 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
SuskyRider wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

2021 Remedy 9.8
SRAM X01 Drivetrain
OneUp V2 Dropper

Absolutely not. I wasn't impressed with SE4 front/rear, but the SE5 front/SE4 rear is working really well. Good enough that I'm not switching to DHF/DHR II right away like I thought I would.

Same.

SE4 back and SE5 front feels good. Really good.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 6:14 Quote
I had some trouble finding a supplier who could deliver me a "Trek Remedy 8 2021 Size L in Marigold to radioactive red fade" but I found one in Germany (I live in The Netherlands).
Yesterday I received it.
I have had the brakes replaced by Magura Mt7 pro's.
It's a beauty!

photo

photo

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032334
Mobile Version of Website