Izzo thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Izzo thread
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 19:18 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
mrtrinh wrote:
bigpat57 wrote:

Did you flip the shock around to make the lever easier to reach?

Don't believe you can flip the shock around. So for those who are going to a 3 position, looks like you would have to stop and bend down to reach the lever. If reaching the lever is a desire, the only other shock I can think of that would work is the Ohlins TTXAir. I never feel the need to use the lock out, as the izzo has a good anti squat. I only see a use for it if someone is on a long flat or paved road.

What sag are you running? I am on Izzo Blaze and 25% causes a decent amount of bob in my opinion. Manual says 20-25% sag for their trail bike. Might try 23% and see but thought I’d ask for insight.

25%, keep in mind I'm on the ohlins but even when I had the fox dps it was no different. Im also a pretty light rider (140lbs geared up). I'm a spinner too, running a 30t oval chainring as I do quite a bit of climbing.

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
mrtrinh wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:
mrtrinh wrote:

Don't believe you can flip the shock around. So for those who are going to a 3 position, looks like you would have to stop and bend down to reach the lever. If reaching the lever is a desire, the only other shock I can think of that would work is the Ohlins TTXAir. I never feel the need to use the lock out, as the izzo has a good anti squat. I only see a use for it if someone is on a long flat or paved road.

What sag are you running? I am on Izzo Blaze and 25% causes a decent amount of bob in my opinion. Manual says 20-25% sag for their trail bike. Might try 23% and see but thought I’d ask for insight.

25%, keep in mind I'm on the ohlins but even when I had the fox dps it was no different. Im also a pretty light rider (140lbs geared up). I'm a spinner too, running a 30t oval chainring as I do quite a bit of climbing.

Same here for my set up. 30t oval is great. I just swapped the DT SWISS M1900 out for a Raceface Next 31 set and dropped DHRs for Dissector front and Rekon rear. I no longer want to sit and spin cause it climbs so easily now. I think that’s why I notice the bob!

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 12:58 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
mrtrinh wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:

Same here for my set up. 30t oval is great. I just swapped the DT SWISS M1900 out for a Raceface Next 31 set and dropped DHRs for Dissector front and Rekon rear. I no longer want to sit and spin cause it climbs so easily now. I think that’s why I notice the bob!

Just swapped my DHRs for Dissector/Recon as well. Much lighter and I’m happy with the performance.

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
I ran the ShockWiz front and rear on my 2020 Pro Race. Also have no rear lockout installed.

Front Fox 34:
- Added 2 volume spacers (5)
- Compression as low as possible
- Rebound around the middle (Same as recommended by fox)
- Pressure same as recommended by fox
** My preference was to add more rebound, but keep compression fully open **

Rear Fox Float:
- Running stock volume spacer
- Mid-rebound (I like higher though)
- Pressure same as my rider weight

Didn't measure sag, probably should, but it feels real great. Hope this helps someone.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 6:17 Quote
TheTimeChamber wrote:
bigpat57 wrote:
Jlrusmc wrote:

YT ditched the shit lockout for this year’s model. My lockout works fine (I changed the actuator so I could change the grips) but I rarely use it. It also takes up valuable real estate in my cockpit. Going with the 3 pos is a smart move.

I have emailed to ask them to replace the shock for the three position version, I'll wait to see what they say.

They have agreed to have the shock converted to the 3-pos lever. The saga is over. Once Fox have sorted it.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 22:39 Quote
Jlrusmc wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:
mrtrinh wrote:

Just swapped my DHRs for Dissector/Recon as well. Much lighter and I’m happy with the performance.

How do you like that combination? And what type of surfaces do you ride? I've been looking to change from the DHRs as they are quite heavy.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 22:44 Quote
mrtrinh wrote:
bigpat57 wrote:
Jlrusmc wrote:

YT ditched the shit lockout for this year’s model. My lockout works fine (I changed the actuator so I could change the grips) but I rarely use it. It also takes up valuable real estate in my cockpit. Going with the 3 pos is a smart move.

I have the Blaze and the RS Ultimate lever is definitely reachable while riding. I wouldn't do it in the middle of an extremely technical climb though.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 22:47 Quote
bigpat57 wrote:
Hey guys I’m thinking I need to upgrade my rear shock. the stock evol shock just isn’t right for my weight (270lbs) even with a larger volume spacer. Would the float x or float x2 do the trick? Will they fit on our bikes?

I doubt if they will. I have the Blaze and they didn't equip it with the Super Deluxe like the Jeffsy Blaze. They had to use the Deluxe Ultimate only (no piggy back).

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 14:15 Quote
streetfighter848 wrote:
Jlrusmc wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:

How do you like that combination? And what type of surfaces do you ride? I've been looking to change from the DHRs as they are quite heavy.

Combo is working great so far. Rekon is not good in the wet though! Neither is the Dissector, but the Rekon will spin out on the climbs. The Rekon also doesn't like anything loose. If you are riding trails without much loose or gnar, this combo is excellent. It is amazing how lively it makes flatter trails!

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 19:26 Quote
(aaagaaarrooo) d;o)

A bud has 2.6 Agarro f/r on his Ripley, I have Agarro 2.6 f, and we ride wet rock/root without issue... He’s gonna try Dissector/Aggressor next so looking forward to that feedback...

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 22:14 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
streetfighter848 wrote:
Jlrusmc wrote:

Combo is working great so far. Rekon is not good in the wet though! Neither is the Dissector, but the Rekon will spin out on the climbs. The Rekon also doesn't like anything loose. If you are riding trails without much loose or gnar, this combo is excellent. It is amazing how lively it makes flatter trails!

Bummer,was hoping these would be a good dry, loose conditions tires. Without weighing like a tank.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 4:07 Quote
streetfighter848 wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:
streetfighter848 wrote:

Bummer,was hoping these would be a good dry, loose conditions tires. Without weighing like a tank.

I’m on the east coast and ride a lot of wet roots and rocks - becomes a little loose over hard when it is dry conditions.

I really like the dissector - no noticeable change in grip from the DHR. Both have similar side lugs, so I’m def sticking with that one.

The rekon does not perform well in the mud. It doesn’t shed well and it struggles to grab on climbs. With that said, the rolling resistance is so much better. It flies in dry conditions so I’m going to keep in on throughout the summer.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 19:34 Quote
Jlrusmc wrote:
streetfighter848 wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:

I’m on the east coast and ride a lot of wet roots and rocks - becomes a little loose over hard when it is dry conditions.

I really like the dissector - no noticeable change in grip from the DHR. Both have similar side lugs, so I’m def sticking with that one.

The rekon does not perform well in the mud. It doesn’t shed well and it struggles to grab on climbs. With that said, the rolling resistance is so much better. It flies in dry conditions so I’m going to keep in on throughout the summer.

Oh yeah... just got back from a ride and the speed is unreal on the Rekon/Dissector combo. It makes me realize that I probably didn't need to have sold my Enduro bike to go full on trail with the Izzo; a tire swap for $200 may have been enough for my local trails lol. I also sold my M1900 rims on the Blaze and went with Raceface Next R 31 carbon wheels and that has helped boost the climbing speed as well. On the whole, I wouldn't recommend keeping the DHRs on an Izzo unless you are pushing more difficult blue and black trails, or loose/wet conditions. If you ride dry and hardpack a lot, this combo is sweet. On shuttle days though, I'd probably switch back to the DHRs, or maybe DHR front and Dissector rear.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 20:17 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
Jlrusmc wrote:
streetfighter848 wrote:

Oh yeah... just got back from a ride and the speed is unreal on the Rekon/Dissector combo. It makes me realize that I probably didn't need to have sold my Enduro bike to go full on trail with the Izzo; a tire swap for $200 may have been enough for my local trails lol. I also sold my M1900 rims on the Blaze and went with Raceface Next R 31 carbon wheels and that has helped boost the climbing speed as well. On the whole, I wouldn't recommend keeping the DHRs on an Izzo unless you are pushing more difficult blue and black trails, or loose/wet conditions. If you ride dry and hardpack a lot, this combo is sweet. On shuttle days though, I'd probably switch back to the DHRs, or maybe DHR front and Dissector rear.

Will have to try this combo sometime. Thanks

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 15:46 Quote
Just noticed the Izzo doesnt have ISCG05 mounts.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013921
Mobile Version of Website