Powered by Outside

Need Help Sourcing an Old Shimano Part

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Need Help Sourcing an Old Shimano Part
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 13, 2020 at 21:42 Quote
I'm currently trying to fix the loose hub on my dad's old Mtn Bike. It's missing a specific spacer that prevents the hub to sliding on the axle. But since the deore xt line up is now a through axle set-up I can't seem to find the part.

If you look at the schematic (link) I need the whole assembly labeled 3. The actual piece I'm missing is the part to the right side of the piece labeled 4.

Do you guys know of any site or store that would have that assembly for sale? I've been looking to no avail. I know it's an older set up (2010-2015ish) but I've looked on shimano's website and have seen nothing....

Thanks for your help

part#: Y3BW98030
if you can read German (I sadly cannot):link

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 23:36 Quote
May wanna take the hub/ wheel to an ACE Hardware to find or build a make shift version. Your other option is to see if your city has a non-profit bike shop. If your city has one it will be full of older wheels you can source parts from.

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 23:40 Quote
http://bikesdelpueblosd.blogspot.com/p/our-locations.html?m=1

Here’s one in your area

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 19:24 Quote
Just to be clear: Shimano still makes these hubs for touring bikes and they have parts available. They have a US West Coast office and warehouse in Irvine, CA. (...assuming you are still in San Diego?)

Their B2B website is great for everything except finding small parts, so if your local bike shop can't find it by the part number, ask them to call the office. The Shimano folks are very helpful.

If I remember correctly, Shimano has a $300 min order for free shipping. If the shop doesn't need any more Shimano stuff right now, you'll have to figure on paying an extra $10 on top of the small cost of the tiny washer.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007606
Mobile Version of Website