Powered by Outside

Bicycle tires

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 21:32 Quote
I just got back into cycling after 10 years off (I was a teenager) and got myself a Trek Slash bicycle to ride around town, nothing extreme. On my third day bicycling, the front tire went flat. The tires are set up tubeless and my bike is suppose to be top of the line 9.9. What I don’t understand is why aren’t there dirt bike or motorcycle quality tires available for bicycles, so we don’t have to worry about this shit. I’m thinking about selling my bike...

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 23:18 Quote
Dirt and motorcycle type tyres would be way too heavy. Tubeless tyres can have initial troubles sealing properly. Try pumping it up again and ride it to redistribute the sealant and see how it goes. If the problem persists take it back to wherever you bought the bike or to the place that set up your tubeless and let them sort it out.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 1:14 Quote
Probably just not enough sealant. Could be a bad tape job too. I wouldn’t let something some unbelievably minor discourage you. Once set up right, tubeless is the way to go without a doubt. Your Trek absolutely came with really good tires as well

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.059070
Mobile Version of Website