Powered by Outside

TRP Lever - Magura Caliper ??

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
TRP Lever - Magura Caliper ??

Author Message
Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
Got mates that run shigura (Magura Caliper with Shimano lever) and that works fine. Mt5 Caliper with Saint or xt lever
Anyone tried with trp lever and Magura Caliper?

Very curious ????

Posted: Mar 1, 2023 at 5:32 Quote
VictorGradeus wrote:
Got mates that run shigura (Magura Caliper with Shimano lever) and that works fine. Mt5 Caliper with Saint or xt lever
Anyone tried with trp lever and Magura Caliper?

Very curious ????

Did you get an answer or anything ? i wanna do a shigura setup but i don't have shimano levers while i have some trps.
Suggestion ?

Posted: Mar 1, 2023 at 7:38 Quote
You'd fix the problem of poor Magura reliability on the levers, but there would be no improvement or change of brake power compared to a full Magura.

The piston size between the TRP and Magura is I believe similar or very close (10mm), so it would be more powerful than a full TRP setup, and more reliable than a full Magura setup, so I suppose there's that ?

The point of the Shigura is to get the strong bite point of the Shimano lever (servowave thing), with a bigger caliper than a full Shimano setup. You don't get that on a TRP lever, but you do get a far more reliable master cylinder than both Shimano and Magura offer ...


I have no idea on what mix of hose / olive / insert / nut you'll need though. Probably a Magura hose as the hose is crimped to the banjo, but that's all I can say.

Posted: Apr 6, 2023 at 7:02 Quote
You'd would want a TRP olive and Magura barb ideally. Otherwise TRP barb and olive. It all depends on the diameters of the brake line. You kinda need access to a bunch of options to try them, in-order to get the best fit.

Posted: Apr 21, 2023 at 2:30 Quote
Thanks. If I ever try it I'll post here.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2025 at 20:23 Quote
Frustrated with multiple efforts to get my new TRP Evo Pro pads and rotors to bed in and not glaze I pulled the TRP calipers and rotors off and tossed on the Magura Gustavs that I had on the bench. Seem to work well. Tomorrow will be the first real test. Think its going to take some getting used to the softer lever of the TRPs compared to MT7s / Gustavs

Posted: Oct 24, 2025 at 11:42 Quote
Since76 wrote:
Frustrated with multiple efforts to get my new TRP Evo Pro pads and rotors to bed in and not glaze I pulled the TRP calipers and rotors off and tossed on the Magura Gustavs that I had on the bench. Seem to work well. Tomorrow will be the first real test. Think its going to take some getting used to the softer lever of the TRPs compared to MT7s / Gustavs
How did that go?

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008767
Mobile Version of Website