Reverb Oil Level Adjuster

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Reverb Oil Level Adjuster
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 0:16 Quote
Hi,

Just got my reverb a2 back from getting a service and it went away being silent in operation it now screeches! Ive seen a post online suggesting its the new IFP as it has a tighter tolerance. Appears it can be fixed by fitting the newer grey IFP. Looking to do this at home but due to its age and potentially upgrading the bike soon i dont want to go spend alot on specific tools.

Has anyone made a oil adjuster tool at home? Just need to figure out how much oil to remove as the chart i found was in mm and not ml. Dont want to use a pipe with to little or large or a bore and incorrectly set the oil. I have a 125mm drop, 420mm post at 31.6 in diameter.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 0:37 Quote
I’ve seen it done with a thick (rigid so it doesn’t bend) plastic straw cut to the right length and fitted to a syringe. Once fitted to the right depth from the top of the tube it draws the excess oil to the length of the straw inserted. Just be precise with your measurements which are all on the manuals on the sram website

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 0:45 Quote
the IFP tool is less than 10 dollars and the bleed tool is around 5.. all three tools are around 20 beans.. so not a huge investment in tooling.

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 1:00 Quote
Thanks for the replies. The only oil adjuster that i can find is £40. Ive only seen one type which is a syringe, tube onto a metal pipe and an adjustable collar. Is there another cheaper alternative?

Thanks

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 1:42 Quote
https://youtu.be/TSuvy5yA1uY

I know it’s in German, but at 3:00 he sets the oil height with a straw attached to a syringe with a cable tie set at the right depth level and sucks the oil out to the right level. Surely you have a syringe for brake bleeding? This can be done with household items. Ifp height tool can be done with anything that’s long enough without any sharp edges. A socket extension for example marked with the right depth. Even vice clamps can be made with wood drilled or bored with the right size hole then cut in half and each lined with innertube to protect and grip what your clamping

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 2:29 Quote
Great, thanks for the youtube link.

Got syringes for bleeding so issues there and have made myself a ifp tool. Will straw method a go tonight and post back how i get on.

Thanks again

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007934
Mobile Version of Website