Make my brother ride

PB Forum :: Beginners
Make my brother ride
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 12:56 Quote
Hi everyone this, for the past 3 months I have been trying to take my little brother out to ride his bike but he never wants to, I was only sucessful 3 times. Do you guys have any tips to take him out?

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
Hitman? the game ? if u are asking what he does he spends the day on the sofa
commental wrote:
Hitman? Wink

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 17:52 Quote
Tell him you're taking him out for hookers and blow? Works every time!!! Big Grin

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 0:23 Quote
commental wrote:
Hitman? Wink

Laughed out loud to that, nice one commental! Smile Smile Smile

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 2:24 Quote
FranciscoMeggi wrote:
commental wrote:
Hitman? Wink
Even funnier because the op hasn't got a clue what you're on about!
Anyway, don't force your brother to go...simply show him how gnarly bikers are (robbed off You Tube), show him the sparkly shiny new gear, 2021 bikes that he can ill afford but we all pine over, then tell him chicks dig mtb guys because we are rock n roll through and through....he will soon want to join in....only then when he is all in and committed, and it's too late to escape the mtb world, will he start showing the signs of agonising and nerding out over degrees and mm.....it's too late for him then...he is one of us......

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 5:20 Quote
alright thanks,btw what commental mean with Hitman ?
SkateFaster wrote:
FranciscoMeggi wrote:
commental wrote:
Hitman? Wink
Anyway, don't force your brother to go...simply show him how gnarly bikers are (robbed off You Tube), show him the sparkly shiny new gear, 2021 bikes that he can ill afford but we all pine over, then tell him chicks dig mtb guys because we are rock n roll through and through....he will soon want to join in....only then when he is all in and committed, and it's too late to escape the mtb world, will he start showing the signs of agonising and nerding out over degrees and mm.....it's too late for him then...he is one of us......

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 5:21 Quote
he's only 12 years old
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Tell him you're taking him out for hookers and blow? Works every time!!! Big Grin

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 7:38 Quote
FranciscoMeggi wrote:
SkateFaster wrote:
FranciscoMeggi wrote:

You asked if anyone had any tips to "take him out". The reply from Commental was a hitman....as in performing a hit? On the said victim?! Yeah? Please tell me you get it now.....

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
I think our British humour is lost on people....

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 7:46 Quote
Don't worry about it Francisco, it was just a joke that was lost in translation.

The bottom line is, if your brother isn't interested, there's not much you can do but hope he changes his mind as he gets older. One thing for sure, the more you try to push him into doing something he doesn't want to, the more he's likely to rebel against it.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 7:51 Quote
commental wrote:
Don't worry about it, it was just a joke that was lost in translation.

The bottom line is, if your brother isn't interested, there's not much you can do but hope he changes his mind as he gets older. One thing for sure, the more you try to push him into doing something he doesn't want to, the more he's likely to rebel against it.

I've had exactly the same issue with my son, trying to encourage him and telling him what he's missing out on is no use. He just backs off more and keeps telling me it's my hobby not his....but then I come home from an awesome riding sesh, he sees me in my gear, watches me tinkering on the bike, shows an interest when I watch mtb vids on you tube, and all of a sudden I get "what bike do you think would be good for me....". You can stoke an interest just by doing it yourself and inspiring your friends or family....

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
yap I finally understood
SkateFaster wrote:
FranciscoMeggi wrote:
SkateFaster wrote:

You asked if anyone had any tips to "take him out". The reply from Commental was a hitman....as in performing a hit? On the said victim?! Yeah? Please tell me you get it now.....

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 10:45 Quote
I guess I can confirm that he is getting more rebel about the idea
commental wrote:
Don't worry about it Francisco, it was just a joke that was lost in translation.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011040
Mobile Version of Website