Norco Range 2021

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Range 2021
Posted: Feb 8, 2023 at 6:50 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Just finished a little bit of a winter project. I put a 7 speed drivetrain, rigid seatpost, and dual crown fork on my Range. Super stoked to try this out.
photo

That looks so good man! I'm in the middle of doing this to mine as well, and this got me super stoked.

Posted: Feb 8, 2023 at 10:13 Quote
Oh yes!!!!That's what the range is!!!!

Posted: Feb 8, 2023 at 14:54 Quote
Absolute bike park beast!! Fab

Edit: just curious, doest the high pivot architecture makes pumping to gains speed less efficient? I mean, the lower the pivot, the more the wheel will get backwards when pumping, then pushing you forward.

Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 23:44 Quote
Few snow pics
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
Just took a few shots of the nearly finished product

Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 3:38 Quote
Looks gorgeous, congrats!

No clearance issue with the new SD Coil? What is the frame size?

Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 3:40 Quote
Padded wrote:
Looks gorgeous, congrats!

No clearance issue with the new SD Coil? What is the frame size?

No clearance issues its a size m

Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 16:00 Quote
ozhuck2flat wrote:
jordanmck1 wrote:
ozhuck2flat wrote:
I have the same wear on mine. I assumed it was from a dropped chain from the idler. I haven't asked for a repair/replace because it works. You might be right about the idler rubbing though.

Have you dropped a chain off the idler?

good to know I'm not alone!

I have dropped a chain between the frame and idler a couple of times but I have always stopped and put it back on so this wear is confusing. it looks like it has worn away over time. I am thinking a dropped chain might have roughed up the back of the idler and this has lead to the gradual wear?

I'll take it to the LBS tomorrow and report back

Thanks. I'll take mine in to the shop too because what you said makes sense.

Just following up on this one. Norco are going to warranty the seat stays etc. It will probably be a few months to get the parts from Canada though. Def worth taking it to the shop if you have the same issue.

Still seems fine to ride for now. I'm taking mine to Thredbo this weekend Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 17:41 Quote
jordanmck1 wrote:
ozhuck2flat wrote:
jordanmck1 wrote:

good to know I'm not alone!

I have dropped a chain between the frame and idler a couple of times but I have always stopped and put it back on so this wear is confusing. it looks like it has worn away over time. I am thinking a dropped chain might have roughed up the back of the idler and this has lead to the gradual wear?

I'll take it to the LBS tomorrow and report back

Thanks. I'll take mine in to the shop too because what you said makes sense.

Just following up on this one. Norco are going to warranty the seat stays etc. It will probably be a few months to get the parts from Canada though. Def worth taking it to the shop if you have the same issue.

Still seems fine to ride for now. I'm taking mine to Thredbo this weekend Smile

That's awesome. I'll definately try to get mine warranted because it's doing the same thing, but it seems to only have damaged the surface.

If it did fail the wheel would buckle and jam in the left chain or seat stay and lock up , causing a crash. WD Norco for doing a warranty.

Posted: Feb 24, 2023 at 3:52 Quote
Thanks for the update. This is good to know.

Regarding the Range known issues (no Loctite on dropouts bolts, seized shock bearings etc), has anyone feedback on potential updates? I think Norco may have solved them on the latest frames?

Posted: Feb 24, 2023 at 20:00 Quote
I have a 2021 and didn't have those issues, maybe I got lucky or the shop I bought it from (who had great mechanics at the time) went through it and caught it before I had issues. They did tell me to keep an eye on hardware but 800 miles in, I haven't had those issues.

Plenty of other ones... like Norco's inability to supply it's customers with idlers... that tend to last less than 1.5 months if you are pedaling the bike instead of shuttling/chair lifting... Smile

It's fine norco... I only wanted to ride my $12k build 1.5 months a year...

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 7:25 Quote
I have a few idler’s if anyone needs them message me!

Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 11:06 Quote
Thanks birdman, I just received one after looking for 9 months. I may DM you in the future though.

I'm really salty with Norco right now. The latest update I've received from them (via a shop as a proxy) is the earliest I can get any is May - and they (Norco) are planning on reaching out. Let's see if they actually follow through with something for once (they told me they would ship me at least one in their last batch, they didn't).

Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 12:32 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/24276029/

Medium 16,8kg

Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 12:33 Quote
m.pinkbike.com/photo/24276029/

Medium 16,8kg

Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 12:37 Quote
Oooops... That's how old I am... Still no ebike...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017627
Mobile Version of Website