Newfix

• Previous Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 4:38 Quote
myxo wrote:
Newfix
Specifications:
Wheel 26 ", circumference 2 m.
I can rotate a maximum cadence of 120 rpm.
First power gear 48/17 = 2, 824. Second speed gear 53/22 = 2.409.
The total gear ratio is 6.8.
The maximum reachable speed for me is 2x6.8x120x0.06 = 97.92 km / h (60.85 mph).

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
отлично сработано !!!

hopefully that came out right ! I meant to say "well done !"

pretty cool idea. love the watermelon helmet too... tup

edit: just watched the video. I'm thinking "steering stabilizer..!" Wink

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 14:52 Quote
adm750 wrote:
отлично сработано !!!

hopefully that came out right ! I meant to say "well done !"

pretty cool idea. love the watermelon helmet too... tup

edit: just watched the video. I'm thinking "steering stabilizer..!" Wink
Thank you for your hospitality! And with the steering on the video - this is an error came out. I put the steering wheel on myself (Tiller). So I was shaking like a drunk. Now, of course, I put the steering wheel removal as it should be - the control has become stable.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 0:11 Quote
Bicycle evolution
photo

Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 3:42 Quote
This is me and Newfix. By the way, the fixed gear is double, with gear ratios of 73.4 / 177 inches.
photo

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 21:43 Quote
Everything learns by comparison. Yellow indicates the current newfix transmission and orange indicates the one that will be compiled next season. For comparison, Route 24 SC bike Scott is accepted. 0-10-gear ratios. The difference between a fixed chassis is that on the second stage, Newfix allows you to go "out" ("gimbal") - these are dark yellow and orange areas. On the highway at a speed of about 70 km / h, a "cut-off" occurs - it is impossible to turn high cadence and overtaking the clutch is triggered: the wheel begins to move inertia (white areas). Here comes aerodynamics that dampen speed (about 80-90 km / h). It is not possible to set in this mode (free running is allowed) - the maximum speed depends on the slope. In Newfix, in the fight against aerodynamics, you can continue "gimbal": cadence and rigid transmission allow you to do so. The more physically prepared the rider is and the steeper and longer descents, the more pronounced the difference between the two systems - firm and free running. By the way, the bright yellow and orange zones of the Newfix 1st stage are the transmission zones of a conventional fixed gear. They are on the same level as the lowest level of the highway (blue area-on front star 35T). That's why the fixed gearbox is "slower" than road racers, not having the highest gear as Scott (purple Area-on front star 48T). The yellow light area is a gearbox (number three) simple fixed gear, the maximum speed is limited to 40 km / h
photo

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 21:50 Quote
I feel like I've stumbled on the Russian version of C.H.U.N.K. 666.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 22:28 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
I feel like I've stumbled on the Russian version of C.H.U.N.K. 666.
CHUNK 666 are slow bikes. I have already overtaken the standard fixed gear on Newfix (see the yellow bar on the speed-gear graph). The challenge for next season is to accelerate Newfix faster than a highway bike (orange bar on the graph).
Since the season ended when making Newfix, I made only three races. Dispersed Newfix to 50 km / h, but found that he was riding on a tight chain. Therefore, the potential for this transfer is higher. On the tight chain, the speed characteristics were approximately the same as on the 35T first stage highway (blue area of ​​the graph).

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 23:01 Quote
I understand the difference.

I'm sure the efficiency of your machine is excellent, but the efficiency of a traditional bike is already so high that the greatest improvements come from aerodynamic positioning of the rider and ergonomic optimization of the rider. Your bike places the rider in a position that appears to create compromises in the rider's maximum power output.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 23:18 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
I understand the difference.

I'm sure the efficiency of your machine is excellent, but the efficiency of a traditional bike is already so high that the greatest improvements come from aerodynamic positioning of the rider and ergonomic optimization of the rider. Your bike places the rider in a position that appears to create compromises in the rider's maximum power output.
My bike is the prototype of a new pioneer gear. The road bike did not immediately become so, it has been improved for centuries and is now in its final stage of development. The Newfix is ​​just being born and has numerous future improvements to come, right down to aerodynamics. For example, now it weighs 17.5 kg - you can work on the next version in a light version of carbon or titanium materials. But the whole point - in Fixed Gear - is to overcome the aerodynamics with an interference motion (no idle).

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 0:13 Quote
Weight is almost irrelevant to speed. For example, below are photos of the world's fastest "bike" (as of 2016, at least). According to this article, it requires less than 200 watts to sustain 90 km/h on flat ground, despite weighing perhaps five times as much as yours. Obviously not practical for city riding, but even vehicles as extreme as these incorporate traditional drivetrains with cassettes and freewheels.

Can you please tell me more about the mechanics of the bike? Where, if anywhere, are there freewheel mechanisms, or is everything fixed like a track bike? Is it just a series of directly connected sprockets?

Top riders are sensitive to changes in their position as small as a few millimeters. How can it be possible to accommodate these needs with two sets of cranks so far apart?

Is there a purpose for the papers in the wheels, or is that just for fun?

photo

photo

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 0:41 Quote
You have driven the fastest bike on a flat surface. I agree that weight in such conditions has nothing to do with speed. But I'm positioning Newfix as a road bike. On a par with a road bike. In such conditions, when there are slopes up and down, weight is very important. On the heaviest, fastest bike, the streamliner cannot climb any even slight rise, it is only for flat surfaces. I'll talk about the mechanics of a fixed forward a little later - this is a very broad topic.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009868
Mobile Version of Website