What dropper post/remote are you using right now?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What dropper post/remote are you using right now?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 20:14 Quote
The lever that came with my TransX Yalphabetsoup2 is pretty hot garbage, to the point I stopped using it on my descents today and just dealt with the post up.

PNW, Wolf Tooth, OneUp? Can I go “wrong” with any of them? Is there one that’s just inherently better than the rest?

Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 22:28 Quote
Pnw. Have now is good. So is the post.

E13 i had before, worst piece of bicycle junk i ever used. Stripped like you had a handfull of ones. To their credit, they replaced it. Took 2 weeks, the e13 post was much worse than the lever. (Full mechanical model. Never worked right) they sent me some parts, i rebuilt it to their instructions, and after looking at reviews , dumpin that thing was a good move.

Girlfriend has race face. Works good. So does the post.

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 3:26 Quote
X-fusion and a Giant Dropper,i Rate the x-Fusion higher

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
Just get a Wolftooth lever for your TransX. I have 2 Brand X post that have both gone over 2 years of service without ever been serviced. Have used the following posts

Thomson - Broke first ride, warrantied then broke 3rd ride then sold
Reverb - Have had numerous of these, work for 6 months and then needed service and $120 a pop, no thanks
BikeYoke - Awesome Post, pricey
Giant - Alright, did not break!
Crank Bros - Never worked form the box, even after warranty it did not work, never worked
KS - Several different models all were garbage
Gravity Dropper - Had many of these, 2 of them lasted over 10 years, just very ugly

Still have 2 bikes with the Brand X on them that came stock on bikes from CRC, for $100 would get another one before anything else again. Been great value and dependability.

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 7:57 Quote
I'm running the YT OEM post with the PNW Loam lever. The post is great, and I've never had issues with it, but the original remote sucked and wore through 2 cables. I got the Loan Lever and will never go back.

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
Been running a Thomson dropper post with thomson lever since it was released... I think 5 years now. The first one I got had an issue with the collar, they sent me a new one and it has been flawless. Well over 5000 miles and plenty of crashes.

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
SLBIKES wrote:
Just get a Wolftooth lever for your TransX. I have 2 Brand X post that have both gone over 2 years of service without ever been serviced. Have used the following posts

Reverb - Have had numerous of these, work for 6 months and then needed service and $120 a pop, no thanks
Crank Bros - Never worked form the box, even after warranty it did not work, never worked
Gravity Dropper - Had many of these, 2 of them lasted over 10 years, just very ugly

Still have 2 bikes with the Brand X on them that came stock on bikes from CRC, for $100 would get another one before anything else again. Been great value and dependability.

Curious, what stopped working on Thomson? Are you doing massive drops and weigh a ton or something?

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 10:30 Quote
I’m running a wolf tooth remote on a KS lev integra. Dropper has been solid. Remove made the ergonomics / function so much nicer.

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
I’ve had Reverb which worked well but was short and the hydraulic line was stupid.

9point8. Great when it worked but sensitive and leaks air. Terrible collar design means it is badly scarred now.

Oneup v2 is very reliable but feels cheap.

Wolf tooth levers all the way.

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 17:55 Quote
shredjekyll wrote:
SLBIKES wrote:

Curious, what stopped working on Thomson? Are you doing massive drops and weigh a ton or something?

First one snapped off the arm where the cable attached to the post first ride, second one the saddle turned 90 degrees and a couple of rides, sold the third one after the first two issues

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
gafoto wrote:
Wolf tooth levers all the way.
pcledrew wrote:
I’m running a wolf tooth remote on a KS lev integra.

I've actually been leaning towards the Wolf Tooth Light Action remote. The prospect of having a super light actuation is really nice...

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 18:45 Quote
SLBIKES wrote:
shredjekyll wrote:
SLBIKES wrote:

First one snapped off the arm where the cable attached to the post first ride, second one the saddle turned 90 degrees and a couple of rides, sold the third one after the first two issues

Hm interesting, ive crashed so hard the entire post rotated in the frame and also bent my seat rails but nothing has ever broken.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010665
Mobile Version of Website