Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 7:36 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
Sweet06 wrote:
fontafox wrote:

I wouldn't say it's at the limit....

My personal opinion is that on rough sections i get more response (compared with my super plush Canyon Torque with Fox X2) and i feel it more poppy. I need to get used to it. BUT....I really think that the reserves are there, and I can feel it when i let go of the brakes and bomb with more speed, then the bike eats up everything with ease.

Never tried mega drops... :-P

OK nice, I think for normal people like us this bike is amazing in any case Smile .

I have a question regarding the Propain delivery process.

I paid 10 days ago but since I have no more information (estimated delivery time on the website is end of April).

Can you give me the process you had for your delivery ? mails info etc

Did you read the statement propain put out on their website..?
There's up to a 14 month wait on parts, plus issues with shipping so that sounds like a warning to me.
I ordered mine the 4th of December email came a few days later with build date of 14th of april, 5 days for build then up to 2 weeks shipping, so that takes it in to may...all going as planned. I'm not expecting a bike in May, more like October by the sound of it. Carbon frame times might be different, but if parts are the issue they will be the same.

Yes I viewed the video from propain.

AL frame delivery seems to be longer than carbon frame. Actually on the website the spindrift AL are available Mid June where the CF are Mid May so I hope I will have no major delay.

For the moment I have a bike, so no issue to keep it 4 months more, I just wanna know what is the commun delivery process and information from Propain. and I would like to have my bike before the summer to ride it in bike park.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 7:50 Quote
Sweet06 wrote:
Josiffk wrote:
Sweet06 wrote:

OK nice, I think for normal people like us this bike is amazing in any case Smile .

I have a question regarding the Propain delivery process.

I paid 10 days ago but since I have no more information (estimated delivery time on the website is end of April).

Can you give me the process you had for your delivery ? mails info etc

There's up to a 14 month wait on parts, plus issues with shipping so that sounds like a warning to me.
I ordered mine the 4th of December email came a few days later with build date of 14th of april, 5 days for build then up to 2 weeks shipping, so that takes it in to may...all going as planned. I'm not expecting a bike in May, more like October by the sound of it. Carbon frame times might be different, but if parts are the issue they will be the same.

AL frame delivery seems to be longer than carbon frame. Actually on the website the spindrift AL are available Mid June where the CF are Mid May so I hope I will have no major delay.

For the moment I have a bike, so no issue to keep it 4 months more, I just wanna know what is the commun delivery process and information from Propain. and I would like to have my bike before the summer to ride it in bike park.

Hopefully you don't have a delay, when I ordered mine the delivery date on the website was second week in March, but when the build date email came it was mid April.

Have you received the email with your planned build date..?

Yes me too I just bought a shock off here for my current bike so I can keep using that until I get the spindrift. Looks like 26" isn't dead for me after all.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 5:37 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
Sweet06 wrote:
Josiffk wrote:

Hopefully you don't have a delay, when I ordered mine the delivery date on the website was second week in March, but when the build date email came it was mid April.

Have you received the email with your planned build date..?

Yes me too I just bought a shock off here for my current bike so I can keep using that until I get the spindrift. Looks like 26" isn't dead for me after all.

Not any email from propain since i paid the bike Smile .

I hope i will received one day a mail with the production date.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
Yeh that's a bit strange you still haven't received an email yet. I got mine 2 days after paying for the bike.

They could be super busy at the moment though

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
Has anyone recently an email from Propain about invoices paid in 2020? I paid in October 2020 and they have just emailed this week saying they will need to re-invoice the bike! Fuming as will be liable for additional costs now!

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 2:46 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
Has anyone recently an email from Propain about invoices paid in 2020? I paid in October 2020 and they have just emailed this week saying they will need to re-invoice the bike! Fuming as will be liable for additional costs now!

WOW !
Did they told you why and how much would it be ?
Do they have the right to do this?

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
Xarm0r wrote:
Ralston88 wrote:

WOW !
Did they told you why and how much would it be ?
Do they have the right to do this?

From what I read, they will issue a new invoice without the tax and refund you for the tax amount. You will pay GB tax plus import taxes in your country when you receive the bicycle.
This has to do with BREXIT, I don't believe they plan to charge you with the recent price increase in any case.

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
Yeh I will be that, and also import tax.

How much have they gone up by? I assume that's to cover the import tax to the UK so what we will end up paying anyway! Bloody Brexit!

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 0:46 Quote
sorry to hear all these problems regarding shipping, payments, delays...

For the lucky ones that already received their Spindrift: did any of you try and install a mudguard for the rear wheel? I was considering the option to avoid extra splash directed to the shock. Post some pics?

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 8:24 Quote
Anyone else received a further update email from Propain? 14% Import Duty + 20% VAT, and looking at DHL they will now charge an additional 2.5% on the import duty as well! If this is the case I will have to cancel!

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 4:59 Quote
fontafox wrote:
sorry to hear all these problems regarding shipping, payments, delays...

For the lucky ones that already received their Spindrift: did any of you try and install a mudguard for the rear wheel? I was considering the option to avoid extra splash directed to the shock. Post some pics?

Don`t think that`s really necessary as the shock is within the front triangle?

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 5:04 Quote
Ordered myself a spindrift as well Smile

CF 29 XL in grey at 191cm
black decals
Zeb ultimate
Super deluxe coil
GX groupset
Crankbrothers/i9 wheels
Code RSC
Bikeyoke 185mm post

Delivery was set for may the moment I ordered. Let`s hope there won't be any delay but I have the feeling there will...

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 6:28 Quote
for the Spindrift 2021 owners (or future owners Smile ) on a fox coil: for which spring rate did you opt?

I'm 70-72kg kitted out (just me, bike not included), and according to the website that's 350lb.

Did you go for the recommended spring / higher / lower?

Thx!

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 0:21 Quote
KoenR wrote:
for the Spindrift 2021 owners (or future owners Smile ) on a fox coil: for which spring rate did you opt?

I'm 70-72kg kitted out (just me, bike not included), and according to the website that's 350lb.

Did you go for the recommended spring / higher / lower?

Thx!

I don`t know for the fox coil but I went with the recommended rate (450) for my kitted weight of 90kg.

Aming for 30% sag. If needed I'll buy a different spring for a couple of €.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 13:15 Quote
Very quiet, any more photos people

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012920
Mobile Version of Website