Spindrift 2021

PB Forum :: Propain Bikes
Spindrift 2021
Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 5:50 Quote
terribleone1982 wrote:
f-mathes wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
If you have a RS shock I'm fairly sure it isn't the bolt but the mounting set/bushing. Replace that one and you are ok.

Thanks, yes I do have RS coil shock. I had suspicion on spacer-shock contact area I was just hoping it will be spacer-rocker area because of easier solution Big Grin

Ditch those stock shock mounts asap!!

Any aftermarket bush with a polymer bush should be better than the stock metal DU bushes.

I already have bushings from TF tune. I was hoping that it will be enough, but after several rides the creaking noise developed. I have now contacted Huber bushing to solve the problem for once and forever.

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
I had the same problem with mine, I swapped out the bushings with some from offset but it still had problems. I put in the huber bushings and there is no play or noises coming from the shock anymore it is nice and tight and smooth.

Although I have a loud creaking noise coming from the bike while peddling. Its not the seatpost or shock it sounds like the Bottom bracket.
My tool came today so I'm gonna take it out grease it up and eliminate another potential problem area.

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 14:09 Quote
Josiffk wrote:
I had the same problem with mine, I swapped out the bushings with some from offset but it still had problems. I put in the huber bushings and there is no play or noises coming from the shock anymore it is nice and tight and smooth.

Although I have a loud creaking noise coming from the bike while peddling. Its not the seatpost or shock it sounds like the Bottom bracket.
My tool came today so I'm gonna take it out grease it up and eliminate another potential problem area.

Had similar the other week. Turned out to be the left pedal. Needed new bearings

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
Paid for the bike 24/8/2021
Production planned 11/3/22

Hopefully not too much of a delay on this . But the bike industry as a whole is getting massive delays .

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 1:01 Quote
Bmg1 wrote:
Josiffk wrote:

Had similar the other week. Turned out to be the left pedal. Needed new bearings

Check the derailleur hanger is tight in the frame...I've just replaced all my frame bearings, BB and freehub bearings only to realise it was the hanger that had come ever so slightly loose! Facepalm

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 23:08 Quote
Hi, does anybody ride a progressive spring on their spindrift? With my 73kg I have recommended 350 lb spring sag is 30%, something around 1 1/4 turn, but I'm still bottoming out hard.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 23:42 Quote
f-mathes wrote:
Hi, does anybody ride a progressive spring on their spindrift? With my 73kg I have recommended 350 lb spring sag is 30%, something around 1 1/4 turn, but I'm still bottoming out hard.

I'm riding, but on the older gen spindrift (2020). The old one lacks progression on the linkage and tends to bottom out easily. The new one should have enough progression to prevent bottom outs.

But anyway, the progressive spring works very well on my bike. Due to my weight, 100kgs i'm running mrp progressive spring 600+ which is 575lbs @ 30% sag and 725lbs @ 90% sag.

The mrp progressive spring is much more expensive than regular spring, have you tried 400lbs spring, would be cheaper option to start with, especially if you're riding 2021 new model spindrift...

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 1:18 Quote
f-mathes wrote:

Very very aggressive trails? I'm about the same weight, 350 spring and didn't notice bottoming out so far
(including 1 week of Alpine trails in France and some bike parks with 2 meter drops)

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 10:57 Quote
Have you added compression dampening? If so could be that the shock needs a service. I only bottomed out once in 2 month but was off a 12 foot drop and the shock was leaking oil. All fine now

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 5:10 Quote
Dini2k wrote:
Have you added compression dampening? If so could be that the shock needs a service. I only bottomed out once in 2 month but was off a 12 foot drop and the shock was leaking oil. All fine now

Yes I do, shock does not leak at all. Maybe it could be wrong pressure in IFP chamber, gonna check it.

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
Hi all, I'm looking to buy Spindrift frame with Fox Float X2 Factory. I'm wondering does this shock have 2-Position Lever? Cuz, Propain website doesn't mention it.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
sheva-b wrote:
Hi all, I'm looking to buy Spindrift frame with Fox Float X2 Factory. I'm wondering does this shock have 2-Position Lever? Cuz, Propain website doesn't mention it.
I’ve emailed propain this question and the answer was yes, it comes with 2 positions lever.

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
Propain are pretty good at coming back with replies

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 12:56 Quote
Anyone fitted a rear mudgaurd yet?
Looking for options . Got 5 months to be buying odd bits for the bike

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 4:26 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
It's a been a long journey since ordering in October 2020, but finally got my build finished!

Spindrift mullet large, custom sprayed Fox 38, Shimano XTR drivetrain, Hope V4 brakes w/ 220mm rotor front.

photo

Hi, could you confirm which adaptor you used for the V4s on the rear? Assume it is a model L (PM 180 to 200)?
Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015478
Mobile Version of Website