Reasons to not go to AXS

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 11:56 Quote
Thought it may peter out after a few posts. I was wrong.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 12:07 Quote
Next one to comment is a fudge packer:

//Thread

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Next one to comment is a fudge packer:

//Thread

photo

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
So the xx1 AXS is for XC only? I have it on my dual crown capra. Wish I knew beforehand but drinking a six pack of Mich Ultra had me in a haze and shopping online.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
700-pirate wrote:
So the xx1 AXS is for XC only? I have it on my dual crown capra. Wish I knew before hand but drinking a six pack of Mich Ultra had me in a haze and shopping online.

Why would you put AXS on a Capra though? I mean I like the Capra but most that would buy AXS would normally also have a high value frame too, not a direct to consumer brand.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 13:27 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
700-pirate wrote:
So the xx1 AXS is for XC only? I have it on my dual crown capra. Wish I knew before hand but drinking a six pack of Mich Ultra had me in a haze and shopping online.

Why would you put AXS on a Capra though? I mean I like the Capra but most that would buy AXS would normally also have a high value frame too, not a direct to consumer brand.

Cuz the capra is a rad bike. "high value frame" dear lord, can we get silver spoons gold plated now? I would throw AXS on a bike regardless if it said "S-Works" or a "Direct consumer brand"

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
Yeah will take it off and put in on my SB165 frame yet to build up. JK. Prime 9.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 13:31 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
700-pirate wrote:

Cuz the capra is a rad bike. "high value frame" dear lord, can we get silver spoons gold plated now? I would throw AXS on a bike regardless if it said "S-Works" or a "Direct consumer brand"

Don't get me wrong I love the Capra, just when you calculate how much the frame probs cost after deducting the parts at YT pricing, we are talking about fitting a £700 derailleur to a £1000 frame lol

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
I have a capra frame for sale for 1k. Funny that.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:

Don't get me wrong I love the Capra, just when you calculate how much the frame probs cost after deducting the parts at YT pricing, we are talking about fitting a £700 derailleur to a £1000 frame lol

fair enough

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 13:47 Quote
700-pirate wrote:
I have a capra frame for sale for 1k. Funny that.

You tried the sb165 or finished building it yet? I had to lower the spring and damping rates compared to what Yeti and Push recommend for it to nit feel harsh here in the UK. I like that Capra Dh bike like plushness but it took me going from a 450lb to a 411lb to get there, I thought it might end up being impossible with a Yeti to get a couch like ride given how high in the travel they stay and firm but actuallt if you drop the spring weight a fair bit so you're nearly coming down from top dead centre on the switch link you can get that dh bike feel, only thing is the pedalling suffers a bit as a result.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 14:25 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:

I put Force AXS 2x12 on a Lemond steel road bike with rim brakes. It spruces up any bike, regardless of the value of the frame. Blank Stare

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 14:50 Quote
seraph wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:

I put Force AXS 2x12 on a Lemond steel road bike with rim brakes. It spruces up any bike, regardless of the value of the frame. Blank Stare

If that is what you wanna do do it, but most would put that extra cash towards a better frame or wheelset first... It's like kids that buy £100 Wallmart bikes then pimp them out with a £30 set of valve caps lol.

You guys must love thst AXS.

Don't get me wrong though I'm guilty of it too, when I was 15 I fitted a £350 xtr crankset to a £1000 Carrera (shop brand Merida) bike.

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 17:22 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
seraph wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:

If that is what you wanna do do it, but most would put that extra cash towards a better frame or wheelset first... It's like kids that buy £100 Wallmart bikes then pimp them out with a £30 set of valve caps lol.

You guys must love thst AXS.

Don't get me wrong though I'm guilty of it too, when I was 15 I fitted a £350 xtr crankset to a £1000 Carrera (shop brand Merida) bike.

Nothing wrong with putting nice parts on mid-range bikes. We crawl before we walk you know.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009878
Mobile Version of Website