Colors! How much is too much?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Colors! How much is too much?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
Everybody loves colors schemes on their bikes and if you dont, this is not a thread for you. I was thinking this thread could be dedicated to people you love crazy or simple color schemes, because you see alot of threads saying "what colors should I paint my bike" I was thinking this might help eliminate alot of people posting the same threads and at the same time help people from making the mistake of going or not going completely overboard! So in your opinion what is to much? So please post your color schemed bikes and components.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
when your doing a white scheme...white cranks white grips, and chain is to much

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
For example would red brake cables, levers, cranks, headset, cranks, and seatpost clamp be too much on my bike dedicated to the wsu cougars....their colors are crimson and grey?
photo

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
c0tt0nm0uth wrote:
For example would red brake cables, levers, cranks, headset, cranks, and seatpost clamp be too much on my bike?
photo

it depends, when your done, post a pic

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
c0tt0nm0uth wrote:
For example would red brake cables, levers, cranks, headset, cranks, and seatpost clamp be too much on my bike?
photo

well buying 2 sets of cranks would be too much, lol. I reckon it'll be fine, maybe not the red cables

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
hey, i like your question about what other people think of colors because i sometimes don't know either what color i should take.

but my opinion is don't take more than 1 or 2 main colors and not more than 2 sub colors... (one exception is if you are making a rainbow bike, because how more colors you take how better it looks then)

so this is my opinion

(i began at a new project now, with the main color white.
than i have 2 hubs in gold in my wheels, so i do some gold parts to..
and now i now what a good frame color is..

all parts be white except the hubs, sprocket, seat clamp and maybe grips which all become gold.

now i don't know what color i should take, and i was thinking of a NS Suburban frame.
maybe in white or green or maybe a Gold Spank smoke frame

maybe you can help me with this??)

cheers

daanBeer

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 12:49 Quote
daan- when you say main color, do you maen the frame? When I think of the main color for some reason I think of the frame.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
I dont know if this fits but my fav colour scheme ever, and I plan on getting it done. Is a completely flat jet black bike everything but with bright yellow spokes. It looks amazing! My other would prolly be a bright green and white with black frame highlights.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
bradyc wrote:
I dont know if this fits but my fav colour scheme ever, and I plan on getting it done. Is a completely flat jet black bike everything but with bright yellow spokes. It looks amazing! My other would prolly be a bright green and white with black frame highlights.
Black frame highlights? explain please.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
bradyc wrote:

Yeah that would look sick hahaha.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
I think my favorite is the all flat black or all raw scheme.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:09 Quote
c0tt0nm0uth wrote:
bradyc wrote:

Well a green frame with white whatever, stripes or something. Outlined in black.

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
c0tt0nm0uth wrote:
I think my favorite is the all flat black or all raw scheme.

Yah raw is good. I like all black with coloured hubs or grips or something like that. A bright colour like pink of illuminous green Smile

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
bradyc wrote:
c0tt0nm0uth wrote:
bradyc wrote:

Well a green frame with white whatever, stripes or something. Outlined in black.
If you did green and yellow you would have to get thesehttp://www.profileracing.com/estore.php?productid=219in green of couse

Posted: Mar 2, 2008 at 13:34 Quote
Well... first off, it's a matter of taste! So here's my go, at what's cool;

As far as I'm concerned, there are 3 options:

1. Keeping it simple.
2. Keeping it simple, with a personal touch.
3. Custom paintjob.

1. Keeping it simple can be really cool and normally includes no more than 2 different colours. As it has become popular in BMX, people tend to paint the fork, handlebar and stem in one colour, while the rest of the frame remains in another colour. (No fancy wheel colours or anything, just straigt black, - like in the old days.).

2. Having a bike in one main colour can be really cool, if everything else compliments the colour choice. But today everything is made in tons of different colours and it can be frustratingly difficult to make everything fit, concerning the colour(s).
Most people have a pretty good idea of what they want their bike to look like, but are most likely to compromise with the products. Which is a pitty! Therefore I find it cool, when people do a little extra and make it work. I wouldn't call it custom paint jobs, but you know.. Adding minor details and stuff to the frame or the components.

3. We've all seen one and we've all cursed those who own one. Yes.. I'm talking about people, who's got that extra cash for the custom paintjob. Sponsored riders mostly - sure thing, but there are also people out there doing it by themselves. Simple colour setup or massive multi colour setup, it doesn't really matter.. With money, you can make everything work in your favor!

So what would I do, if I was to repaint my rig? (Turner DHR 200Cool

I'd chose one main colour for the whole frame. (Bright Black).
Repaint my Boxxer (Maybe a bright Orange colour..) and the same would go for stem and handlebar.
Hopefully I'd be able to add something personal to the whole thing, but I really haven't given it much thought. - But you get the idea...

So basically I'd have chosen option number 2, since I'm not all that rich..

/ A

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010803
Mobile Version of Website