Where to find a suspension pivot bolt? Please help.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Where to find a suspension pivot bolt? Please help.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 18:45 Quote
Hello, all.

Looking to put back together the rear suspension of a 2017 Giant Trance 2 and I have come up short on one of the upper pivot bolts that connects the maestro suspension to the rear shock (upper portion has a bolt on each side).

I have searched the world wide web with no luck. I have checked a few local bike shops and they are checking with their Giant reps to see what is available.

I am pretty surprised to find this to be so difficult to obtain. It seems that there could be a rebuild kit or parts available as things break or need to be replaced.

Maybe it is called something else so here is a picture of what I am looking for:

bolt

If anyone can point me in the right direction to find a bolt, it would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks!

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 2:24 Quote
Might find something here:
https://www.giantbikespares.com/products.php?type=2&subcategory=93&p=1&category=&b=426&s=d

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 4:31 Quote
giant sells the bolts and bearings together in a rebuild kit.
a giant dealer should be able to get it for you depending on availability.

not sure if they will sell you a single bolt
had to get a new pivot bolt on a scott and was told that i needed to buy the whole kit because they had no single bolts available.

i had my pivot bearings replaced last year on my trance
im not sure, but i might have the bolt you need laying around somewhere in my old parts box

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
Thank you for the responses! Certainly getting me closer to finding what I am looking for.

GAQ - if you happen to run in to a bolt that you don't need collecting dust, let me know.

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 18:22 Quote
photo

I have 1 extra

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009705
Mobile Version of Website