Question about Yeti SB130 bought new from bike shop

PB Forum :: 29ers
Question about Yeti SB130 bought new from bike shop
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
Hello,

My friend and I just bought 2021 Yeti SB130 C2s from different local bike shops. The interesting thing is that some components on our bikes weren't the same.

Both of us have 180mm front brake rotors, but on the Yeti website it says that they are supposed to be SRAM centerline 200/280. I assume this means our front brakes should be 200m, and not 180mm?

Also, my bike has Magura Storm CL rotors instead of the SRAM centerlines.

I also have a WTB Volt Cro-Moly seat while he has a WTB Cro-Moly seat with a Yeti logo on it.

Is this normal when you purchase a new bike. I understand that the bike shop builds the bike, but did they put the correct size rotors on ours? Do they often swap parts?

Just curious to know what your Yeti SB130 came with?

Ken

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 8:20 Quote
This is somewhat normal. Pretty much every manufacturer has fine print that says “exact equipment at vary” or the like.

In 2020, when tons of parts are completely unavailable, it’s becoming way more common. I’m sure Yeti is just using any parts they can get their hands on to assemble and ship bikes. The alternative is 95% complete bikes sitting in a warehouse because they are missing something like a 200mm front rotor.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 21:21 Quote
2020 parts shortages is almost for sure the answer!

Also a thought: are both bikes the same size?

I dont know if Yeti does this, but Specialized varies rotor size for different bike sizes.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009183
Mobile Version of Website