Scott Scale 950 2020 vs 2021 (weight difference)

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
Scott Scale 950 2020 vs 2021 (weight difference)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 5:44 Quote
I recently started to consider getting a Cross-Country bike. I don't think i need a carbon bike, since i only will use it recreationally, and besides that i like the look of aluminum better anyway Smile
After looking around a bit the Scale 950 looked like a good option.

However after looking at the spec list and comparing it to last years model i noticed the hefty weight increase from 11,6 kg in 2020 to 12,2 kg in 2021.
Here are the two bikes side by side: https://99spokes.com/compare?bikes=scott-scale-950-2020,scott-scale-950-2021

The question now is, was the 2020 950 just a very good deal weight wise, or is the 2021 just badly speced? I mean i'm not very conscious about weight i'd say but for 1,7k i'd like to land at least bellow 12kg for a XC-Hardtail. So an increase of 0,6kg for the same price seems insane to me, at least at the first glance.

I tried to find out the weight of the different components but it seems almost impossible. Shimanos confusing naming scheme doesn't really help either. One part i found out so far that is heavier is the slx vs deore cassette. I assume the brakes on the newer model are also heavier as they seem to be a lower grade model.

My questions:
Can anyone tell me at a quick glance where the additional weight comes from?
Given the weight increase is this bike even worth it considering the price of 1,7k€ or should i look elsewhere?

Thanks for reading.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009598
Mobile Version of Website