Scott ransom hack with twinlock to DT swiss

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
Scott ransom hack with twinlock to DT swiss
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
Hello, i wanted to show you a little hack on my ransom 2020 tuned (works on every Scott ransom)
I wanted to have a proper command for the seat post with a thumb actuated but not in the weird up position of the default twinlock from scott. I didn’t care either about the fork and just wanted to keep the 3 positions on the rear shock And as well a clean cockpit. Well the cheap DT swiss 2 stage twin shot is super light and allows just this. It should work as well with the dt swiss twinlock. I now have only two rings on the left hand. One for brakes + shimano seat dropper and one for the DT two stage. I still have the 3 possibilities on the rear shock : open, intermediate and locked. If that helps any of you.

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/19937974/

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/19937974/

Posted: Jan 3, 2021 at 8:46 Quote
Looks clean! I like it! Did you just remove the cable to the fork? Do you have a FIT4 damper?

Im looking in to the possibilities to do a the same "upgrade", and in a later moment upgrade to a Grip2 damper.

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
dahl1 wrote:
Looks clean! I like it! Did you just remove the cable to the fork? Do you have a FIT4 damper?

Im looking in to the possibilities to do a the same "upgrade", and in a later moment upgrade to a Grip2 damper.

I did remove the front cable, for the time being just the default fork but yes the plan is to have a grip 2 along with an MRP cartridge.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
quentos wrote:
dahl1 wrote:

I did remove the front cable, for the time being just the default fork but yes the plan is to have a grip 2 along with an MRP cartridge.

Sweet. I got a the Ransom 920 with the 38. Yet i have not found that much info about a 38 grip 2 damper upgrade kit. I guess it will appear eventually.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007919
Mobile Version of Website