Enduro cranks length possibilities?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Enduro cranks length possibilities?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 11:29 Quote
Hello

So. Recently I had problem with my Funn crankset and bashguard under and with different chainring and all ended up that I threw away those 175mm crankset, changer BB for DUB BB and now I want to buy new crankset for this BB. It will be something more budget friendy, like SRAM NX crankset.

Now I am trying to get as much opinions as possible. I know that I don't want to go back for 175mm crankset. So only option is 170 or 165mm. I know it all depends on a rider and his style and comfort. But anyway.

I am 170cm tall (short), 79,5cm inseam (cca), my frame is M size. I ride Enduro bike Norco Range, mostly parks, sometimes trails with max 50km on that day. I don't care too much about torque loss or frequency or whatever..

What length would you choose? Is it recognizable between 165 and 170mm?

I am not a racer I just ride for fun. If it is going to work with bash guard and possibly I would be able to install 34T chainring, that is enough for me..

Thanks

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
I'm about 183 cm. Very few of my rides involve a chairlift or vehicle shuttle, so efficiency is a high priority.

For me, I slightly prefer 175 mm over 170 mm for efficiency, but it's not a big difference and the ground clearance of 170 mm makes that my preferred length. The difference is greater between 170 mm and 165 mm - again, for me - with 165 mm feeling clearly less efficient.

When I used to ride my DH bike more often, I used 165 mm and would have considered 160 mm.

Difficult to say what's best for you. Considering your height and riding mostly parks (assuming this means chairlifts), maybe 165 mm would be your ideal length.

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 12:50 Quote
Yes, chairlifts most of the time on a bike. Sometimes I go just for a trip to local trails, which basically means 50km maximum up and down. Because I don't like too much just going for a ride... And if I do I don't have to be efficient. I just slowly pedal to destination.

For efficiency and speed etc. I would have to buy different bike. Maybe one day I will try Enduro race for amateurs but again, just for fun Smile

I will maybe try 165mm cranks. It looks like a good idea to my height and style of riding.

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 14:49 Quote
That makes sense. Let us know how it works out.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010999
Mobile Version of Website