revell frame??

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
nickbdhstreet wrote:
well i think this whole situation can easily be solved by going rigid...just get that revell frame (or the 300s) and wack rigids or small travel forks on.
yeah rigid, i went rigid for a while with my dmr rhythem and really liked it but it was very different riding trails so i switched back.

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 12:44 Quote
So is that a definete that I want be able to bring it down

If so ill have to have a word with my mum and dad

probably sell my fork! how much do you think Ill get for that nothing wrong with it at all except for a bit of paint come off on the stanchions

Il just have a look around for forks then

and I realy like that revell frame so want to go for that prefrably blach and go for a black and white sceem

thanks

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 12:45 Quote
just remember that its a u.s bb and will probs need a internal hedset like other revells...

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 12:46 Quote
nickbdhstreet wrote:
just remember that its a u.s bb and will probs need a internal hedset like other revells...

ok what kind of parts will I need for that then??

thanks

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
sorry m8 not sure of the specifics but most manufacturers who make headsets will make the internal variety (for instance mine is FSA) and the U.S bb means it is a bmx one (correct me if im wrong?)so you'll have to go and buy some bmx cranks...

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 13:05 Quote
nickbdhstreet wrote:
sorry m8 not sure of the specifics but most manufacturers who make headsets will make the internal variety (for instance mine is FSA) and the U.S bb means it is a bmx one (correct me if im wrong?)so you'll have to go and buy some bmx cranks...
or if you wanted to run a euro bb you can get dmr wondercups.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
mongoose-rider wrote:
nickbdhstreet wrote:

ok what kind of parts will I need for that then??

thanks

US BB- wider diameter (in order to increase welded surface area/strength) and un-threaded. -this means that your cups will press-fit in.
-if you want to run a normal MTB BB, or a Euro BB (same size) you just need a conversion kit (easy to find). Run 3 piece cranks, as they are stronger (generally) and you won't need a conversion kit.
-Your headset is internal, which basically means the bearings are "inside" the frame, as opposed to in cups "outside" the frame (lowers stack-height, and headset angle, and is s'posed to be stronger).
There ya go... internal headsets and conversion kits/US BB's are easy to find. Just don't buy 1 piece cranks and you'll be fine!

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 8:33 Quote
I asked a friend at my school today if he wanted to buy these forks I have he offered me £70 is this to much? I dont want to be coning a friend

and I will probably run bmx bb

thanks

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 10:05 Quote
anrt they like 120 quid new... depends on condition really

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
tbh there is nothing wrong with it at all no dents scretches just on the stanchions is it the bit that goes in lol has a pathc of paint that comes off.

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 10:10 Quote
well if hes happy to pay let him... if it helps you get the forks you want then go for it i say Razz

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
ye, as long as he sees the forks before hand (and them working ofcourse!) and is still willing to pay that much , then go for it. its his choice

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 9:36 Quote
where can I get cuite cheap bmx cranks from?? all that chanrections have are revel ones that are at £100 I was like what I did not know they were that much but are there any cheaper ones I can ge?? a lot cheaper lol

and wheels. are th halo combat any good that is these??
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=12396

thanks

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 9:57 Quote
If you get the revell 08, it fits a Euro BB. It still has an integrated headset, but there is plenty space and what ever DJ/street fork you choose it won't bump the frame.
I just got one here's a pic.
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012566
Mobile Version of Website