Fox dhx2 stroke measure.? Change?

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Fox dhx2 stroke measure.? Change?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
Hey all, I bought a shock for a new tr scout and I’m wanting to get the stroke right. The info below is all I can get from fox. I’m not sure if the stroke length has been changed. I was told it was at 60mm. Does the measurement include the bump stop? Is the a different way to measure it than the obvious?

Below the bump stop there is a hard plastic ring. Is this what is changed to adjust travel? What is the process to change the stroke from 60 to 62.5? Any info on the process is appreciated. I’m competent enough to pull this apart if needed.

The information you are looking for is unavailable at this time
2019 Factory Series DHX2 Trunnion

Part number: 961-68-057
Short ID: DNFZ
Description: 2019, DHX2, F-S, TiN, 2pos-Adj, Trunnion, FOX, RACE, 205, 65, CM, Orange Logo

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 22:29 Quote
thrashin wrote:
Hey all, I bought a shock for a new tr scout and I’m wanting to get the stroke right. The info below is all I can get from fox. I’m not sure if the stroke length has been changed. I was told it was at 60mm. Does the measurement include the bump stop? Is the a different way to measure it than the obvious?

Below the bump stop there is a hard plastic ring. Is this what is changed to adjust travel? What is the process to change the stroke from 60 to 62.5? Any info on the process is appreciated. I’m competent enough to pull this apart if needed.

The information you are looking for is unavailable at this time
2019 Factory Series DHX2 Trunnion

Part number: 961-68-057
Short ID: DNFZ
Description: 2019, DHX2, F-S, TiN, 2pos-Adj, Trunnion, FOX, RACE, 205, 65, CM, Orange Logo

If you want the shock to have 62.5mm stroke just remove the first plate, if you remove both it will give the shock 65mm stroke.

I bought a 205x60mm DHX2 and when I talked with Fox they said to just remove both plates to give it 65mm of stroke.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 18:59 Quote
Can you post a picture of this? I want to buy a dhx2 for my scout also and only find 65 or 60 stroke shocks.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 21:01 Quote
eldeficit wrote:
Can you post a picture of this? I want to buy a dhx2 for my scout also and only find 65 or 60 stroke shocks.

Sure, first picture is the shock with the spacers removed giving the shock all 65mm stroke.
photo

Second picture is both of the plates stacked which if installed would give the shock 60mm of stroke.
photo

And third is of just 1 level of the washer plates which if installed would give you 62.5mm stroke. I think its pretty self explanatory.
photo

The plates sit on top and the two small bolts go through and screw into the shock.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
That pic is of the new DHX2, the older ones have a one piece travel spacer. You need to take apart the whole shock or remove the eyelet from the shaft (always the easiest) to get at it.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
Crap, I totally missed the part about the shock he was asking about being the 2019 model.

FL
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
Throckmorten wrote:
That pic is of the new DHX2, the older ones have a one piece travel spacer. You need to take apart the whole shock or remove the eyelet from the shaft (always the easiest) to get at it.

edit... this is for the previous gen dhx2

You mean remove the whole shock I assume. Here is what I did; remove the spring, pull the eyelet from the shaft (You’ll need a soft jaw made for the shaft to not mar it) and then replace the spacer under the bump stop. I turned down a spacer from delrin. Or uhmw or what ever. Something that won’t scratch that shaft. Commonly found are the 65mm strokes. So I made a 2.5mm spacer. With the right tools or a friend that can help, it’s not to difficult.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009370
Mobile Version of Website