Im looking for something that has a 27.5*3.0 tires all I can find is 2.8 any suggestions oh and an slx group set
Hardtail, I suspect?
It’s true what the previous poster mentioned that it might not be easy finding one spec’d with 3.0” tires new from the factory. The few brands is still speccing plus tires on their bikes have moved to 2.8”.
The Esker Cycles Hayduke, for example, comes now with 2.8” tires (the previous version was 3.0), but the frame still has clearance for 3.0” tires. I believe RSD Cycles may also have one bike in their line-up with such clearance.
Having said the above, the shortage of bikes and bike components across the entire worldwide industry has gotten to critical levels. It’s just crazy! So, if you are set on 3.0” tires, I would highly recommend going on the second hand market where you should find several bikes with 3.0 plus tires for sale. The Hayduke is one that got great reviews about 4-5 years ago, but there are others. And don’t waste time in pulling the trigger if you find what you want!
Knolly Fugitive did 27.5x3.0 last I looked, but they don't seem to say that on their website anymore. The new Salsa Blackthorn and Cassidy officially do 27.5x3.0.
As others have said, the industry largely moved to 2.8, but some are coming back to 3.0.
Knolly Fugitive did 27.5x3.0 last I looked, but they don't seem to say that on their website anymore. The new Salsa Blackthorn and Cassidy officially do 27.5x3.0.
The Knolly Fugitive has actually gone to 29 x 2.6” tires, per specs on their website.
One thing the bike industry learned is that plus tires (esp. 3.0”) do not play too well with full-suspension bikes. Tire pressures get really finicky to avoid tire deformation around tight curves and to avoid pinch flats over rough technical sections. Too much pressure and then tires get too bouncy not letting the rear suspension do its full job. Plus tires work much better on hardtails for added comfort, but one still has to be mindful of tire pressure for the rider’s weight and type of riding.
If the OP is still looking for a MTB, the consensus would be to go for a bike with 29x2.6” tires on full suspension. It is the happy medium. Good luck!
Your best bet would be buying a bike that can fit a 3.0 tire and changing it out after buying the bike, so buy a bike with a 2.8 tire, sell those, buy new 3.0 tires, install, be happy.
Just make sure the wheels and frame can fit 3.0.
If I were looking to buy a plus size bike I'd buy the 2018 Giant XTC Advanced as it already comes with Shimano SLX, so the only thing to change is the tires.
Knolly Fugitive did 27.5x3.0 last I looked, but they don't seem to say that on their website anymore. The new Salsa Blackthorn and Cassidy officially do 27.5x3.0.
The Knolly Fugitive has actually gone to 29 x 2.6” tires, per specs on their website.
One thing the bike industry learned is that plus tires (esp. 3.0”) do not play too well with full-suspension bikes. Tire pressures get really finicky to avoid tire deformation around tight curves and to avoid pinch flats over rough technical sections. Too much pressure and then tires get too bouncy not letting the rear suspension do its full job. Plus tires work much better on hardtails for added comfort, but one still has to be mindful of tire pressure for the rider’s weight and type of riding.
If the OP is still looking for a MTB, the consensus would be to go for a bike with 29x2.6” tires on full suspension. It is the happy medium. Good luck!
A 2.6 is not a + tire at all. They're a huge amount smaller than a 3.0 visually and a 200+ lb rider will still be running a 2.6 in the low-mid 20's for psi. If you're happy on a 2.4, then a 2.6 will keep you happy. If you think 2.4 tires are stupidly small, going to a 2.6 isn't going to sate your desire.
It takes patience, but I found a set of Kenda Havok Pro EMTB rated 27.5x3.0 tires for $90 recently, so just buy a bike with 2.8" tires and swap them out. Visually, though, the difference is tiny. If the 2.8" tires that came on my bike weren't cheap I'd likely be riding them instead of the Kendas.
I'm looking for the same thing. I intend to ride in the winter with a fun hardtail (27.5") but almost every frame is limited to 2.8". That is too bad since spiked 27.5" tires are only availed in 2.6" or 3" (the latter intended for fatbikes). What is even more strange is that both 2.8" and 3" wide tires and frames are readily available in 29" configuration (non-fatbike).
It takes patience, but I found a set of Kenda Havok Pro EMTB rated 27.5x3.0 tires for $90 recently, so just buy a bike with 2.8" tires and swap them out. Visually, though, the difference is tiny. If the 2.8" tires that came on my bike weren't cheap I'd likely be riding them instead of the Kendas.
Visually, the difference between a maxxis high roller 2 3.0 and 2.8 is very noticeable. In reality they measure out really differently, not just narrower, but shorter as well.
Depends on the 2.8... Kenda 2.8s are huge in comparison to Maxxis...like a lot bigger...the number on the side doesn't matter, the actual size matters and Kendas are going to be the biggest 2.8s you will find.