Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 0:18 Quote
I am jumping in a bit late into this thread, but I agree with all of the crap that has gone down at COP. Their trail maintenance is a shambles. I do not understand how they can charge what they charge for such terrible riding. There is lots of potential there, especially with the DH course, but they just seem to neglect it. I remember seeing a trail crew one day out on the hill this actually doing some maintenance. Devils inch was closed for pretty much the whole season.

For a hell of a lot less money, I get a decent group of riders lined up and shuttle moose, and then spend my couple of days a year helping with the trails there.

I remember when it was $12 to ride there, I was the 13 year old mega-grom on the norco sasquatch just loving every minute of riding. But having been to big resorts where the trails actually get maintained I feel let down going to COP. Although I will say that I really liked the wooden spiral to wall-ride thing, to step up line. Although the step-up felt super weird to me.

I Loved the DH course when the WC came to town, to me that was my favorite just the right amount of tech with enough big stuff. When they built that "Tower Turn" this year i broke into laughter when I saw that "Jump" which was a mound of dirt. It is a tragedy to what the hill go "Downhill" (haha).

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
Thats why I'm stoked to have my drivers license this season, I'll be shuttling moose as often as possible.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
k well rite by millie there is tonnes of open space...it central and by a method of transpiortation (c-train)
all they have to do is make a roll in and give us some piles of dirt

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
Exactly, i mean everyone is being such God damn pessimists that nothing will get done! if we want to get shit done we have to work for it there are plenty of cities bigger than Calgary that have jumps and places to ride.

Plus the city does not even need to give us dirt or build a roll in they just have to give us land and we could get it done ourselves! I am sure bike shops would pitch in, so would employee's and us riders and builders, there are lots of us that would come out and pile and pack some dirt. Look at some of the trails in the UK and such they have amazing jumps and they were all built by a bunch of guys that love to ride bikes and found a sick place to build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCfd2B4tfHo
I don't expect things like this but it sure as hell is possible.
bayrak wrote:
k well rite by millie there is tonnes of open space...it central and by a method of transpiortation (c-train)

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 8:04 Quote
News flash, the city is not gonna hand over a good chunk of land anytime soon for a dj park, this might sound harsh but its the truth.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
eblackwell wrote:
Exactly, i mean everyone is being such God damn pessimists that nothing will get done! if we want to get shit done we have to work for it there are plenty of cities bigger than Calgary that have jumps and places to ride.

Plus the city does not even need to give us dirt or build a roll in they just have to give us land and we could get it done ourselves! I am sure bike shops would pitch in, so would employee's and us riders and builders, there are lots of us that would come out and pile and pack some dirt. Look at some of the trails in the UK and such they have amazing jumps and they were all built by a bunch of guys that love to ride bikes and found a sick place to build.

bayrak wrote:
actually, millenium does have a good amount of unused space. could put some dj's kinda by the skate park there. good idea Smile

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 16:48 Quote
KonaShred21 wrote:
eblackwell wrote:

bayrak wrote:
actually, millenium does have a good amount of unused space. could put some dj's kinda by the skate park there. good idea Smile

no b/c there putting in the sowthwest leg of the c train and its taking out the science center and that whole area

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
danscott wrote:
KonaShred21 wrote:
eblackwell wrote:

no b/c there putting in the sowthwest leg of the c train and its taking out the science center and that whole area
oh, but millenium is staying there right?

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
KonaShred21 wrote:
danscott wrote:
KonaShred21 wrote:

yes, it should be but hey if it does who knows? they may put in a new park!

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
danscott wrote:
KonaShred21 wrote:
danscott wrote:

hey dano do i owe you 20 bucks?

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
danscott wrote:
KonaShred21 wrote:

for what again?

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
danscott wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
danscott wrote:

for what again?
so i dont owe you any thing sweet... i fixed my kona btw we should go ride Big Grin

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
danscott wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:

for what again?
so i dont owe you any thing sweet... i fixed my kona btw we should go ride Big Grin

yeah dude pm me so ill give u your number lets milly sesh or something

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
danscott wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
danscott wrote:

for what again?

yeah dude pm me so ill give u your number lets milly sesh or something
when you gonna be in c-town next?

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 20:56 Quote
must we take up the whole page with quotes?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014747
Mobile Version of Website