Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 2:09 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
BurkeW wrote:
Flirting with the idea of moving to AB most likely southern AB. Van Island has no $$$$ on it. Anywho I love DH and techy riding like Mt Prevost/Squamish type riding. I know COP is in CGY but is there any other good riding or places to move where I can ride? I just bought a '15 Newmad so I can pedal now too.

If you got the Nomad then you have lots of riding choices close to town. Kicking horse, Fernie for lift access, Canmore, Banff, Moose mtn all closer to calgary with shuttle access and pedal access DH trails. Lots of riding potential nearby.

Check out Razors Edge on youtube for one of the coolest descents in the area out near Canmore.
No kidding that looks great! About a 11min decent? How do you get to the head? And how far is Canmore approx from CGY? And where is best for work? Ideally want to be as close to riding as possible where both the gf can work. Right now I'm ten mins from ok riding and 35 from the best riding outside of whistler.

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 8:53 Quote
Where is a good place to ride in drum. Not much info on the web.

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 8:58 Quote
canuckcrazy19 wrote:
Where is a good place to ride in drum. Not much info on the web.

I've wondered that too! Looks like there should be trails of some kind or condition

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 9:23 Quote
Update on my jacked Truax: responding to a call, emerg services discovered a garage full of bikes. Cops stopped by my place late last night. Missing a front axle, and a few extra scratches but not really much the worse for wear.

Props to the CPS, they weren't able to tell me much about the rest of the stolen goods, but said most were in the process of being parted out, repainted, and generally screwed with. If anyone has had their bike lifted recently in the general vicinity of Willow Park, could have been in that garage.

PSA: have your SN recorded (duh), and have an up to date pic. Cops said they had recently had the pic of my bike circulated, and they recognized it, meaning it got back to me ASAP.

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 12:15 Quote
BurkeW wrote:
VPS13 wrote:
BurkeW wrote:
Flirting with the idea of moving to AB most likely southern AB. Van Island has no $$$$ on it. Anywho I love DH and techy riding like Mt Prevost/Squamish type riding. I know COP is in CGY but is there any other good riding or places to move where I can ride? I just bought a '15 Newmad so I can pedal now too.

If you got the Nomad then you have lots of riding choices close to town. Kicking horse, Fernie for lift access, Canmore, Banff, Moose mtn all closer to calgary with shuttle access and pedal access DH trails. Lots of riding potential nearby.

Check out Razors Edge on youtube for one of the coolest descents in the area out near Canmore.
No kidding that looks great! About a 11min decent? How do you get to the head? And how far is Canmore approx from CGY? And where is best for work? Ideally want to be as close to riding as possible where both the gf can work. Right now I'm ten mins from ok riding and 35 from the best riding outside of whistler.

Canmore is 45 mins or so from the west side of town. Moose is 30ish, with some quality trails as well.

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 18:43 Quote
The-Wrench wrote:
BurkeW wrote:
VPS13 wrote:

Canmore is 45 mins or so from the west side of town. Moose is 30ish, with some quality trails as well.

some really good trails in bragg creek as well which is super close to calgary.

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 18:56 Quote
BurkeW wrote:
VPS13 wrote:
BurkeW wrote:

Hey go to bikepirate.com for info on the majority of the trails near Calgary. Look at trails under kananaskis, bragg creek, moose mtn, canmore, Banff. Some of the goodies not listed like prospector and hector dh are pretty easy to find as well

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 11:23 Quote
Heads up to those using goat creek. Forded barefoot last week, ended up with glass shards in my foot. Stitches come out next week.

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 19:16 Quote
Got a request for you guys. I'm building a new line at eastlands just up the hill from the jump line.

We had a few jumps and they were running good but we decided to make things a little smaller so everyone can enjoy them instead. That being said, I broke my collar bone a few weeks ago and am still not 100% quite yet.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to test out the jumps a bit tomorrow or monday and give some feedback. I'm at the point where I can't continue until I know what the speed and flow is like so I figured I would put the offer out to you guys.

Here are some pictures of one of the jumps so you have an idea of what to expect;
Take off:
photo
Landing:
photo
Side View:
photo

I was able to clear all the jumps before my injury while they were significantly longer. Basically I'm not wondering if they can be cleared, but rather what the speed of the line is looking like so far.

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 19:39 Quote
Yea I would be down

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 20:52 Quote
I like how you left the bush in there! looks like a nice floater

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 21:54 Quote
I'll be at COP until 4-5 then head over to the jumps. Look for me at either spot, black podium, hard to miss

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 22:43 Quote
Forsure dude, I will be there and my mate Andrew as well.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 8:10 Quote
Anyone want to ride Moose Mountain today? Im looking for someone to go with that as also has another vehicle to shuttle. I got a van i can fit 3-4 bikes and gear in.

text me 403 710 05 eight one

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 20:51 Quote
I was too sore to hit them today but tomorrow I will be out and have full feed back with photos

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021897
Mobile Version of Website