Invisiframe or Ride wrap?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Invisiframe or Ride wrap?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 13:55 Quote
Trying to decide which one to go with and want to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 15:10 Quote
Not used Ridewrap but have used infisiframe on 3 bikes now with no complaints at all. I suspect there is little difference between them to be honest.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
Look down this forum and check out the other thread about this. Last post is a good review on both. That poster said Ride wrap again, but based on what he said about both, I would choose Invisiframe...again. i have used Invisiframe on 3 bikes.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 18:46 Quote
Cool, I’ll probably go with invisiframe. Thanks for the input guys!

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 4:44 Quote
lukengo wrote:
Cool, I’ll probably go with invisiframe. Thanks for the input guys!

Both good products. Both have great customer support. RideWrap gets you a little extra coverage over Invisiframe but will also be a little more difficult to install.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
Just installed Invisiframe on my Hightower, super easy for the most part.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 16:12 Quote
I just bought rolls of clear Matt pain protection film off Amazon 2 rolls 6 feet long 4 inches wide. Came with spray bottle, squeegie thing everything I needed. Cut the pieces myself using some paper templates. Covered my whole bike for 1/4 the price of either the two mentioned and it's invisible! Can't see it and works amazing.

Edit: product I got is called lamin-x bike frame tape.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
I just installed ride wrap on a 2020 transition sentinel. I have used tape in the past, and while it works just fine, I love the more polished look of Ridewrap. As far as Invisiframe v Ridewrap, I don't know, but I will say this: if your bike has decals on it under where you will place the frame protection and you use Ridewrap, you will likely have air bubbles.
Some brands use paint for the head tube badge and the brand name on the down tube and other's use decals.
Transition happens to use decals for this, so my frame has a couple small air bubbles on the down tube. I don't know for sure if Invisiframe would have been the same, but I suspect it would. Just something to think about

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
Dragonfly- wrote:
I just installed ride wrap on a 2020 transition sentinel. I have used tape in the past, and while it works just fine, I love the more polished look of Ridewrap. As far as Invisiframe v Ridewrap, I don't know, but I will say this: if your bike has decals on it under where you will place the frame protection and you use Ridewrap, you will likely have air bubbles.
Some brands use paint for the head tube badge and the brand name on the down tube and other's use decals.
Transition happens to use decals for this, so my frame has a couple small air bubbles on the down tube. I don't know for sure if Invisiframe would have been the same, but I suspect it would. Just something to think about

The tape I use does the same around the stickers, anywhere with a raised edge. Your can work at it for a long time to minimize it but still the look of a halo around the decal.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010947
Mobile Version of Website