Show your e-MTB

PB Forum :: eMTB
Show your e-MTB
Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 21:53 Quote
We both have the same bike, but I did not do the update. The shop is waiting on Orbea to send an updated software, but they are closed until after the New Year. So it seems to be an easy fix without having to send anything back to Orbea. It just sucks to be sidelined for about a week or so.

I'll eventually have the shop do the update so I'm covered in case anything goes wrong.

Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 7:48 Quote
General question about e-bikes with coils. If I set up the preload as I usually would, that is pretty much just enough to stop the spring moving, then the bike uses about 4-5mm of stroke under its own weight. So, how does this impact sag? If I need 19.5mm of sag to hit 30%, how do I factor in the sag from the bikes own weight? Or should I add enough preload to stop the bike sitting into its travel under its own weight. Or am I overthinking it?

So far the Decoy Shred has been superb btw. So much fun!

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 9:31 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
General question about e-bikes with coils. If I set up the preload as I usually would, that is pretty much just enough to stop the spring moving, then the bike uses about 4-5mm of stroke under its own weight. So, how does this impact sag? If I need 19.5mm of sag to hit 30%, how do I factor in the sag from the bikes own weight? Or should I add enough preload to stop the bike sitting into its travel under its own weight. Or am I overthinking it?

So far the Decoy Shred has been superb btw. So much fun!

You're over thinking it, if it rides good leave it alone. If it feels like it needs more or less sag then change the spring, you dont adjust sag with the preload.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 13:35 Quote
Here is my new beast.

Artwork was created by Brandon Rollin and decals by Stikrd

Build:
Frame: Norco Sight VLT-C1 900Wh Battery
Shock: EXT e-Storia 210x55mm, 550lb coil
Fork: EXT ERA V2
Wheels: ENVE AM30 (29"/30mm internal Width), I9 1/1 Hubs, Reserve Fillmore Valves.
Tires: Maxxis 2.5" Assegai DD Maxxgrip 3C Front/ 2.5" Assegai DH Maxxgrip 3C Rear
Brakes: TRP DHR EVO (223mm Rotors F/R) W/ 3d Printed Caliper Covers
Bars: ENVE M9 50mm High-Rise, 31.8mm diameter
Stem: ENVE Alloy 35mm, 31.8mm diameter
Drivertrain- Sramano GXT AXS
Shifter/Derailleur: Sram GX AXS
Chain/Cassette: Shimano XT Hyperglide+ (10-51t)
Cranks: Miranda Delta LS 155mm
Dropper: Oneup Components V2 170mm
Pedals: DMR Vault Lacon
Grips: DMR Deathgrips
Seat: Ergon SM-10

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 14:13 Quote
Nice . Stikrd does great work .

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 6:23 Quote
photo

For those who stop riding in the winter, you're missing out!!! I honestly can't remember the last time I had this much fun on a bike.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 7:08 Quote
photo

Cold temps made it perfect for snow rides. Looks like rain now Frown

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 11:53 Quote
photo
photo
photo
photo

So I'm doing the custom fork decals and also going back to my favorite brakes. The XTRs work good, and have plenty of stopping power, I'm just not liking the lever feel and spongy modulation. I've bled them twice, and they're adequate, but I just prefer the overall feeling of the Hopes. Plus, what brake company gives you THREE sets of pads, including hardware and hose fittings!

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
My man at Stikrd hooked you up

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 20:17 Quote
YT Decoy Shred - at the end of the sand wash climb at Palm Canyon Epic (PCE).

YT Decoy Shred at the end of the notorious sand wash at the Palm Canyon Epic PCE .

Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 7:09 Quote
stokesrm wrote:
YT Decoy Shred - at the end of the sand wash climb at Palm Canyon Epic (PCE).

Great picture. PCE - That's a pretty decently long ride! I've been wanting to hit that one, but need a shuttle worked out.

How did the battery last? I'm assuming you shuttled and went 'down' or south-to-north starting from Hwy 74, but if you actually started at Palm Springs, climbed it and then went down then I really want to know if the battery held the whole way.

Thanks.

Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 8:25 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
Here is my new beast.

Artwork was created by Brandon Rollin and decals by Stikrd

Build:
Frame: Norco Sight VLT-C1 900Wh Battery
Shock: EXT e-Storia 210x55mm, 550lb coil
Fork: EXT ERA V2
Wheels: ENVE AM30 (29"/30mm internal Width), I9 1/1 Hubs, Reserve Fillmore Valves.
Tires: Maxxis 2.5" Assegai DD Maxxgrip 3C Front/ 2.5" Assegai DH Maxxgrip 3C Rear
Brakes: TRP DHR EVO (223mm Rotors F/R) W/ 3d Printed Caliper Covers
Bars: ENVE M9 50mm High-Rise, 31.8mm diameter
Stem: ENVE Alloy 35mm, 31.8mm diameter
Drivertrain- Sramano GXT AXS
Shifter/Derailleur: Sram GX AXS
Chain/Cassette: Shimano XT Hyperglide+ (10-51t)
Cranks: Miranda Delta LS 155mm
Dropper: Oneup Components V2 170mm
Pedals: DMR Vault Lacon
Grips: DMR Deathgrips
Seat: Ergon SM-10

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
How is the bike with the coil shock ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027614
Mobile Version of Website