Hunt wheels?

• Previous Page
FL
Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 1:03 Quote
Anyone got any? Opinions?

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 5:20 Quote
I'm about to start season 2 on the Enduro Wide for my Bronson. Love them. Hub service at the end of year one (not all that wet here, mostly dry conditions) showed almost no dirt/grime or wear. Super sealed up and looked great after a year. A riding friend is on a pair of Trail Wide on his Trek and he rides considerably harder than I do, and he thus far loves them and no issues. His showed up with the wrong free hub driver. A quick email to Hunt and a new one was in the mail at no cost. I've read of someone getting a rim replaced after putting a ding in it even. My impression with them is that they are super responsive to customer needs and inquiries and make a solid product, especially considering the price point. If they made them for fat bikes, I'd have another set in no time.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 5:36 Quote
I've got some Trail Wides going on my Murmur that I'm building this weekend. I've heard nothing but good things, but can't speak to the quality myself quite yet. Following..

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 11:00 Quote
Keep in mind the 6000 series rim alloy, I have dented the rear pretty hefty, no inserts but DH casing. Now new rear rim and rimpact. 70 kg geared and 1.55bar. They have a rim replacement program as well.

7000-series is more durable in terms on tensile strength, like newmen etc.

But very happy with the wheels, nimble and good customer support!

Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 6:13 Quote
I have 800 miles 1.5 years on the xc wide on my hardtail.

Spoke pulled though rim, hunt replaced the rim, rebuilt the wheel and did the bearings under warranty. They paid for the shipping as well.

Free hub died, as In it the axel broke, the bearings smashed open, the freehub was mangled. Hunt replaced it with a newer version under warranty.

They have a 3 year warranty.

Stuff breaks, they stand behind their stuff. The xc wheels are very light, and very very light for the price

Posted: Apr 4, 2021 at 16:29 Quote
I’ve cracked two trail wides and two of my riding friends have cracked them as well. All in the same place

Posted: Apr 4, 2021 at 18:50 Quote
I used Trail wides for a year, dented the rims, that could have been avoided with inserts, bent the front pretty bad in a crash. Great for the money and light weight.
Running DT Swiss now, with inserts. Over double the price though.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 16:57 Quote
Jonnysnow wrote:
Anyone got any? Opinions?

What did you end up deciding on? I'm also thinking about some Hunt wheels for my gravel bike.

For those that had failures, how was the warranty and customer service experience?

FL
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 22:59 Quote
Got a pair of trail wides on my sb150. Have had them around 9 months and have been excellent so far. Running an insert in the back just tubeless in the front.

FL
Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
I've got Enduro wides on my full suss, no issues with them so far after 9 months use. Still true and tensioned.

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2023 at 15:58 Quote
Copped a set of the Proven Enduro wheels back in November. Just cracked my rear rim under normal riding conditions (130/130 trail bike) and filled out warranty information 3 days ago. No response yet, will update this forum with a review of the warranty process. Here's to hoping they make it easy.

Posted: Jun 12, 2023 at 8:38 Quote
krustykarlos wrote:
Copped a set of the Proven Enduro wheels back in November. Just cracked my rear rim under normal riding conditions (130/130 trail bike) and filled out warranty information 3 days ago. No response yet, will update this forum with a review of the warranty process. Here's to hoping they make it easy.

Cracked rear rim - sounds familiar: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review-hunt-proven-carbon-wheelset.html

Posted: Jun 12, 2023 at 11:29 Quote
I also had a cracked rim.
Also realised that the hubs are just Novatec basic hubs. But with nice Hunt laser etching.
Made my new wheelset from custom parts at my local bike shop - worked out cheaper than the Hunts.

But - they do have an ok crash replacement policy. However, you'll probably need it given the propensity to cracks.

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2023 at 15:57 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
krustykarlos wrote:

Cracked rear rim - sounds familiar: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review-hunt-proven-carbon-wheelset.html

Pretty ridiculous that this review came out three days after I submitted a warranty claim. Same experience that I had and everything.

Heard back from warranty, they were just busy processing other claims until they could get to mine. They're shipping me a new wheel ASAP, free of charge. Shipping is covered. They're requesting that I send in the broken wheel and are paying for courier pickup shipping so long as I pack it up for them. Great customer service experience so far.

Will update with final results.

FL
Posted: Jun 14, 2023 at 1:03 Quote
The hubs are shite, bearings barely make it through a British winter (especially the freehub) riding once a week. I'm getting rid soon as fed up doing bearing changes.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010332
Mobile Version of Website