Can't unlock map data

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Can't unlock map data
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
All of a sudden my Edge 530 won't load routes from the Trailforks IQ app. Keeps asking to login. If you hit cancel the routes show up, but only some are usable. If you hit login and login from the phone it will try to unlock the maps. Then it says it can't unlock. Long hold on the top right button to manually unlock will get the same result. Anyone else run into this?

Posted: Apr 4, 2021 at 7:16 Quote
Yes, same issue on a brand new edge 830.
No solution found.

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 1:35 Quote
I have the same problem...
My device Garmin 830 v7.10.
1. Delete three files: gmapprom2.gma, gmapprom2.img (Open IMG file with Notepad++ to check if this is Trailforks map 120MB), gmapprom2.unl.
2. Remove Trailforks APP by GARMIN EXPRESS on PC.
3. Download again the Trailforks MAP 2021.10 from GARMIN EXPRESS on PC
##Now You have a fresh instal of MAP and APP.
4. Disconnect GARMIN from the PC.
##Do not log in to Trailforks account yeat on GARMIN 830.
5. Go to Navigation -> MTB Trail Navigation. You should see neerby trails. No information about "Map data can't be unlocked".
6. Login to your PRO account in GARMIN 830 by IQ->Trailforks->menu (three lines)->Log in. Now you should see "My Routes" if you have any on your wishlist.
##Don't try to unlock the map. IQ->Trailforks->menu (three lines)->Unlock Map
7. Download your region from https://www.trailforks.com/tools/garminmaps/
8. Go to top bar menu on GARMIN 830 -> PROFILE -> Navigation -> MAP -> Map Information -> check if Trailforks map is Enabled.
##Now you should see trails when you go to Navigation -> Browse Map

If I try to IQ--Trailforks--menu (three lines)--Unlock Map, the map can't display anymore. I've got the information "Map data cannot be unlocked"

If this procedure doesn't work for you you need to format the whole garmin memory to FAT32 ("GARMIN" label) and start all over again from point 3. Before format -> backup whole data to your PC.

My 830 is a refurbished device after warranty replacement if this matter.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 11:27 Quote
This was an issue on Garmin's end, that has been fixed with firmware updates.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010541
Mobile Version of Website