Just Released: 2022 Rocky Mountain Blizzards

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Just Released: 2022 Rocky Mountain Blizzards
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
Just dropped today. The 10 and 20 are the same as 2021, and the 30 and 50 have a carbon frame:

https://ca.bikes.com/collections/blizzard

All frames have the same geo, yet the 30 and 50 looks longer and slacker in the photos. Note the 30 and 50 do not come with dropper posts.

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 19:36 Quote
Any thoughts on why there is no dropper post? I use mine all the time on my Norco Bigfoot and RM was on my list, is there internally routing to install one?

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
skypilot wrote:
Any thoughts on why there is no dropper post? I use mine all the time on my Norco Bigfoot and RM was on my list, is there internally routing to install one?

Not sure as the 30 and 50 last year had droppers. All 4 models have internal routing for a dropper though. Just a pain once you've spend that much for a bike to have to get a dropper installed...

Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 20:48 Quote
Looks to be an update I see a dropper post in the image.

https://bikes.com/collections/blizzard/products/blizzard-c50-22

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
Anyone ridden one (a carbon 20 or 30) compared to beargrease ? Struggling to get a bike shop to call me back in California.

Any idea on bike weight?

Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 9:12 Quote
I've got a Carbon 30 on the way! I will update when it's arrived.

Posted: Dec 10, 2021 at 9:27 Quote
I've got a Carbon 30 on the way! I will update when it's arrived.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 13:17 Quote
Anyone know the max rotor size for the rear brake? Was contemplating going with 200mm rotors, but can’t find any info anywhere!

Also waiting for a C30… anyone see these in the wild yet?

Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 4:39 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
Anyone know the max rotor size for the rear brake? Was contemplating going with 200mm rotors, but can’t find any info anywhere!

Can't find any info on rotor size (here is some other info I'm sure you've already found: https://rockymountainsupport.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/60000471833)

No sightings of these out in the wild yet. My LBS told me December 27 or 29 for ship dates. I'll update asap if you do the same!

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
Will do! Mine is saying 3rd week of January. I did find their help page and got an answer back from their customer support yesterday stating that both frame mounts for brakes are 180mm native. I am going to go with a 180mm front and rear set up on a pair of Sram G2 RSCs. Organic pads in the front and metallic in the back.

Stuckita wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:

Can't find any info on rotor size (here is some other info I'm sure you've already found: https://rockymountainsupport.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/60000471833)

No sightings of these out in the wild yet. My LBS told me December 27 or 29 for ship dates. I'll update asap if you do the same!

Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 14:19 Quote
It better not be 3rd week of January for me! The way these bikes keep getting pushed we're gonna miss the whole season. If it gets pushed out to far I might just move my deposit to a new summer bike as I'm in need of both haha. Best of luck eh!

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 11:32 Quote
My alloy has been pushed back from Nov, to Dec to now end of Feb. Sounds like they're stuck without components to assemble them.

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 12:55 Quote
Yeah… I am buying one with hopes to use it next season, not this season. With these wait times, the 2023 Blizzards won’t be available till 2025 so definitely smart to keep your deposits if you want to have any chance of owning one. Norco hasn’t even published their 2022 Bigfoots on their website so that is definitely a telling sign of how slow things are!

ColinBulloch wrote:
My alloy has been pushed back from Nov, to Dec to now end of Feb. Sounds like they're stuck without components to assemble them.

Posted: Jan 8, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
I've got a '15 Blizzard and love it. The numbers have been updated on the newer models, but I'll shred anything I would on my full suspension. I just built a new bike and didn't have a terrible time finding components, if a frame only is available. Microspline 12 speed cassettes are hard to find though.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 21:06 Quote
Anyone get an update on arrival dates for these?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011399
Mobile Version of Website