Deviate Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Deviate Bikes
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 19:53 Quote
Didn't see a thread for Deviate, so...voila

To start things off, i have a question for hopeful Highlander owners (a.k.a. people who pre-ordered):

When did you pre-order, and when did you get your bike (if you did)?

I pre-ordered in May and thought it was supposed to be here in Septembre, but now the web-site says May...

That said, i've seen 2022 Highlanders for sale, so clearly some folks have received theirs. I still don't even have all my parts to build it up, so not a big problem for me, just curious what the general experience is (i haven't yet heard back from them). Excited to someday ;-) see just how beautiful they are in person!

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 20:05 Quote
Deviate Highlander
Deviate Highlander

photo

I guess Ill get this thread started with some pics.

Size XL Deviate Highlander in Sunset Yellow
Fox 36 Grip 2 with Vorsprung Secus and Float X2
Noel TR37s laced to I9 Hydra with Vittoria tyres
Magura MT7s with 220mm rotors
X01 drivetrain
Sixc Cranks
Sixc bar with Next R stem
Fox 200mm post

Coming from a large Yeti Sb130. Great bike but the XL Highlander fits better.
Suspension is unbelievably smooth and climbs great.
Its a big bike but surprisingly easy to ride on flat tame trails
Haven't really gotten it out for a big ride yet but I feel like Im going to love it

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 6:12 Quote
Our shop just got in the New Deviate Claymore Framesets in RED and they are light and build quality is top notch!

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2022 at 23:15 Quote
DaltonF wrote:
Our shop just got in the New Deviate Claymore Framesets in RED and they are light and build quality is top notch!

I have a Claymore on Order due in October....can't wait

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 21:55 Quote
Rode a Med and a Large Claymore back to back a couple weeks ago. great bikes, I will be selling my highlander to get one.

jzdyrko wrote:
DaltonF wrote:

I have a Claymore on Order due in October....can't wait

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 16:07 Quote
Tavis43 wrote:
Rode a Med and a Large Claymore back to back a couple weeks ago. great bikes, I will be selling my highlander to get one.

How did you find the difference between the medium and large?

As someone who sits right on the boundary (5'10 / 178 cm) I'm curious how they're riding out there

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 20:00 Quote
dlyndon wrote:
Tavis43 wrote:

How did you find the difference between the medium and large?

As someone who sits right on the boundary (5'10 / 178 cm) I'm curious how they're riding out there
I'm ja bit taller.. 5'11.5 and bought a large. Long torso short legs, fit fills great. Gonna try to get first trail ride in tomorrow morning before work.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 20:11 Quote
Build is pretty much complete. Still looking to get decals done. Pulled the fork off of my Rallon that I'm gonna sell. Kept the decals on it to see how the color looked. That was the color of my Rallon, but I'm probably gonna decal to color match the frame. May get the Trust logos in the neon as it's more subtle and matched the MT-7 rings on the brakes.

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 20:12 Quote
2022 Deviate Claymore Build:
Frame: Claymore Rowan Red Large frame
Fork: Trust Performance Shout 178mm Limkage Fork
Shock: Fox Float X
Headset: Cane Creek 40
Bottom Bracket: RF Cinch 68/73
Cranks: RF Next R 170 w/ Power Meter Spindle
Chainring: Wolftooth 28T Round
Stem: Turbine R35 40mm
Handle Bar: RF Next R 35
Brakes: Magura MT-7 PRO
Dropper: OneUp V2 210mm 34.9
Shifter: SRAM X01
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle
Cassette: SRAM X01 Eagle 10-52T
Wheels: Nobl TR35 w/ I9 Hydra Hubs CX-RAY Spokes
Rotors: Galfer Shark Tooth Rotors (223F/203R)
Pedals: Crank Bros Mallet E
Grips: Deity Knucklebuster Grips
Saddle: Specialized Power Pro 143
Tires: Maxxis Dissector EXO 29x2.6 F/Dissector EXO+ 29x2.6 R
with Cushcore Pro Rear/ XC Front
Final Weight: w/Pedals = 32.1lbs/14.56kg

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 21:54 Quote
Wow. What a nice looking bike.
Although the fork is soo ugly.

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 2:05 Quote
sbgrollon wrote:
Wow. What a nice looking bike.
Although the fork is soo ugly.
It's a good thing the it performs amazingly well. For how I ride it performs better than the 22' Factory 38 and 23' Zeb Ultimate, both of which I have sitting in a parts bin.

Posted: Feb 6, 2023 at 8:57 Quote
Anyone with a highlander 150 link floating around they would be willing to sell?

Posted: May 4, 2023 at 12:26 Quote
Hey guys. I’ve got a 2021 deviate highlander 140. The bike is fast on the downhills but I’m a bit disappointed with the small bump sensitivity ( I think because of linkage stiction?) and pedalling resistance (because of idler resistance). I see deviate has upgraded seal kits on their website and I have heard some people suggest removing the seal between the two bearings on the idler. I am wondering if anyone in this forum has made both of these changes and noticed substantial improvements, or if they are only marginal.
I want to love the frame, but the trail chatter on small bumps is really bad. I’ve played around a bunch with the cane creek kitsume, and regardless of sag, rebound and compression settings, the rear wheel bounces off the ground 3 times if you drop the rear end of the bike from waist height… not good.
I’ve considered investing in a float x2 which I’ve heard is an improvement on this frame, but I’d love some confirmation from other owners who have managed to make improvements to the linkage stiction and idler friction issues before I keep pouring money into this build vs going with another brand.

Thanks

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017610
Mobile Version of Website