Raaw madonna owners

PB Forum :: Other
Raaw madonna owners
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Dec 20, 2023 at 2:41 Quote
im on the verge of picking up a v2.2 on discount (cant quite stretch to the new v3).

I dont really want a Ohlins or Fox shock, so will probably get it without a shock.

I see some folks running rock shox, do we have a recommended tune using an air shock?

Or is it worth paying the extra few hundred to get an Ohlins and just ride that?!

Posted: Jan 17, 2024 at 1:14 Quote
Hello guys, Is there anyone with the V1 Madonna? I want to build new bike and I am still a little bit tight on the budget. I found good deal on V1 but I am afraid of the age of the bike. Geometry is still relevant but what about other aspects like suspension kinematics, etc..
How does the V1 holds up against modern bikes

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2024 at 9:49 Quote
Hi everyone. I’m really interested in getting a Madonna later this year. Wondered if anyone in the uk can give me some info on the import costs. Did you get stung by our illustrious government with a Brexit tax?

FL
Posted: Feb 15, 2024 at 6:11 Quote
JimmyQ wrote:
Hi everyone. I’m really interested in getting a Madonna later this year. Wondered if anyone in the uk can give me some info on the import costs. Did you get stung by our illustrious government with a Brexit tax?

i almost bought one before Christmas, but once factoring the fee's, which are 99% likely to get hit with, it turned out to be more than i was willing to pay.

I believe its 4% duty and then 20% VAT. Then whatever the fee is the courier charges (usually £15 or so).

So it can add a fair bit of wedge onto the cost you see on the site. But i'm sure someone who has actually bought one can confirm further.

FL
Posted: Feb 15, 2024 at 6:51 Quote
Mine should be coming in the next few weeks so I’ll let you know. But I didn’t realise there would be an extra 4% and courier fees added. Suddenly it’s becoming a very expensive aluminium frame

FL
Posted: Feb 15, 2024 at 7:14 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Mine should be coming in the next few weeks so I’ll let you know. But I didn’t realise there would be an extra 4% and courier fees added. Suddenly it’s becoming a very expensive aluminium frame

hopefully i am wrong and you dont get stung quite so much.

defo interested to know tho!

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2024 at 11:28 Quote
Thanks, I’ll be interested to find out. I bought something a while ago from Germany, then got a note from Royal Mail saying I had to pay something like £140 import tax. Not ideal, but that time it didn’t work out much more than buying it here when it got released.
Good luck.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2024 at 6:03 Quote
Any updates on costs for getting one?

FL
Posted: Apr 17, 2024 at 5:31 Quote
photo

Finally got mine
Works out at 26% fees for me in the uk. Turned out to be a pretty expensive aluminium frame but it seems worth it so far, lovely build quality and it feels great just bouncing around the street.

Can anyone tell me what the threaded hole is for on the non drive side seatstay? Cannot work it out

FL
Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 0:20 Quote
looks lovely!

is it a V2.2 or 3?

Mine is on its way, hopefully here in a couple of days. not looking forward to the fee's Frown

Isnt the threaded hole just the back of the brake mount? assuming i am thinking of the correct one?

or maybe its a mounting point for one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ammaco-Bicycle-Exhaust-Accessory-Motorcycle/dp/B0CHFDXMDR/ref=asc_df_B0CHFDXMDR/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=676225753321&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11994169354779029208&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045825&hvtargid=pla-2247287745358&psc=1&mcid=481610581d2133f5905d03b2a6ad431e&gad_source=1

FL
Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 1:22 Quote
Haha! This is the sort of thing that came to my head when I saw it!
I don’t see how it can be for the brake mount as there’s only one and it doesn’t seem to go right through. Definitely seems like it’s welded on as an extra

It’s a v3

FL
Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 1:37 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Haha! This is the sort of thing that came to my head when I saw it!
I don’t see how it can be for the brake mount as there’s only one and it doesn’t seem to go right through. Definitely seems like it’s welded on as an extra

It’s a v3

hmmm, any pics of it?

if you scroll down on this page, there are images of the frame all in pieces, and the non drive side seat stay does seem to have 2 holes in it, as mentioned before, i assumed these are for the brake bracket (assumed they just smoked a hole, then welded in a threaded sleeve).

https://raawmtb.com/en-gb/pages/madonna-v3

I will check mine when it arrives.

FL
Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 5:44 Quote
photo

Mystery threaded hole

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014569
Mobile Version of Website