Powered by Outside

Trump's Jan 6th Terrorist insurrectionist criminals complain about treatment in prison

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Trump's Jan 6th Terrorist insurrectionist criminals complain about treatment in prison
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
Let's talk about prison conditions.. As one might imagine, there are significant problems. Why am I telling you this? Because someone else is complaining about prison conditions, or, I should say, many others. I refer to some of further failed President Trump's January 6 insurrectionists who attacked police officers and stormed the Capital.

According to many of them, there is mistreatment going on. Reportedly, correctional officers are tormenting them. It is claimed that many of the correctional officers are Democrats who hate America. There are claims said prisoners are not being allowed to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

Reportedly they must wear masks almost every minute of every day. The food stinks. Some are not getting the medical treatment they need. I haven’t even scratched the surface on all the complaints.

Having known people who worked in prison systems, I know that conditions can and often are brutal. One thing refuses to leave my head: “What did the insurrectionists expect?” Does nobody think of consequences anymore?

One should be skeptical of some of these complaints. For example, how exactly would the January 6 prisoners know the political affiliation of every guard in the place? I question whether these prisoners have heard the term: “Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.”

These are people who participated in a violent insurrection. And though some of them may not have engaged in violent behavior personally, the fact remains what they did was illegal. One does not get out of it by saying, “Gee — I’m not the one who beat the crap out of police officers.”

I do not know what galaxy these people think they live on. But on THIS planet and in THIS country — every action causes a reaction. And often, that reaction is punishment — especially if you attempt to overthrow a Government.

So, now they are crying a river. I have little sympathy. This is a mess that they created. Nobody is to blame for their circumstances except them, and their native stupidity for believing Trump's obvious and blatant lies.. Consequences still exist even though it appears many of the insurrectionists seem never to have heard that word.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
Ahhhhh ok so people are guilty till proven innocent now!!!! Got it Wink

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 9:32 Quote
It's a jail, not a hotel!
Trump supporters having trouble with law and order:P

A District of Columbia judge has had enough with Capitol rioters’ complaints about the detention facility where they are being held while awaiting trial after court documents revealed that one high-profile complainer may have fabricated his medical needs.

According to Yahoo News, US District Judge Emmett Sullivan responded to one defendant’s gripes about the conditions by noting that the DC Department of Corrections is “running a jail, not a hotel”.

“Some people want hotel services,” the judge observed.

Many Republicans have seized on an order from another DC judge, Roy Lambeth, holding DC DOC Director Quincy Booth in contempt for failing to turn over defendant Christopher Worrell’s medical records as evidence that officials are deliberately mistreating prisoners held on charges relating to the 6 January attack on the Capitol.

But a document filed with the court on Wednesday casts doubt on claims that Mr Worrell was being mistreated, deliberately or otherwise.

Steve Bannon surrenders himself to FBI and is taken into custody - follow live
Mr Worrell, a member of the neo-fascist Proud Boys gang who faces several criminal charges related to his participation in the 6 January insurrection, has alleged in court documents that jail officials deliberately withheld medical treatment for cancer and a broken pinky finger.

But prosecutors now say that Mr Worrell previously declined the non-medically necessary surgery that would have corrected his finger months before he travelled to Washington to attack the Capitol in hopes of disrupting Congress’ certification of President Joe Biden’s electoral college victory.

While Mr Worrell does suffer from cancer, the Justice Department says he had asked for a second opinion before beginning the chemotherapy he accuses the government of denying him.

“The government has repeatedly been unable to sort fact from fiction in reviewing Mr. Worrell’s many claims of medical mistreatment, because those claims have often been refuted, or at best unsubstantiated, by the medical notes and records that the government later obtains,” prosecutors wrote.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007913
Mobile Version of Website