2022 Norco Bigfoot

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
2022 Norco Bigfoot
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 13, 2022 at 17:37 Quote
Bike looks dope, everyone goes to wal mart

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 21:40 Quote
Anyone had luck setting the rim and tires up tubeless? The rim just floats through the tire bead like a hotdog down a hallway on mine.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2022 at 11:25 Quote
I didn't really have any issues. With the use of a compressor, it took a couple blasts and they sealed.
half-man-half-scab wrote:
Anyone had luck setting the rim and tires up tubeless? The rim just floats through the tire bead like a hotdog down a hallway on mine.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
luke59 wrote:
I didn't really have any issues. With the use of a compressor, it took a couple blasts and they sealed.

What rim strip and tape setup did you use?

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2022 at 19:32 Quote
luke59 wrote:

What rim strip and tape setup did you use?
I used Whisky Tubeless Rim Tape over the stock strip that came with the wheels.

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 7:25 Quote
If they are the double wall rims with the round cutout holes, you can’t reliably set them up tubeless.

Posted: Aug 22, 2023 at 4:33 Quote
Good Morning, Just landed a Bigfoot 1 online yesterday and was just looking for advice or thoughts on the bike? My first fat bike and took the plunge on a whim. Got it for $1600.

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2023 at 10:21 Quote
Tunaphan77 wrote:
Good Morning, Just landed a Bigfoot 1 online yesterday and was just looking for advice or thoughts on the bike? My first fat bike and took the plunge on a whim. Got it for $1600.
Thats a great deal!! I got my Bigfoot 1 last fall and absolutely love it. Last winter I did everything from my local XC trails to blackdiamond runs. The bike seems to strike a good balance with its geo being really stable at high speed without being sluggish when your riding flats. It is a fatbike with a rigid fork so you have to keep that in mind, but Norco has done a great job with this bike. I've tried the Trek Farley and I found the Bigfoot to be a much better bike. More stable yet just a nimble.
The nice thing about the 1 model is there is really nothing that needs upgrading. The dropper post could be better and I have had some issues when it was really cold, but so far its still working fine. Also, the bearpaw hubs aren't the smoothest but it's a fatbike so I can't see upgrading those making much of a difference, plus they are really easy to maintain so that's a plus for a fatbike. They tend to get really messy and need regular maintenance to keep them running smoothly.
Bigfoot is one of my all-time favorite bikes and I would buy again if I had to do it over. It's just a matter of if fatbiking is for you or not.

Posted: Aug 25, 2023 at 12:12 Quote
Thanks for the reply Luke! The fat bike is mainly for winter riding but I'm sure it will get used year round. Just got delivered going home to assemble!

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2024 at 9:56 Quote
photo

Manitou Mastodon Pro Gen2
So I took advantage of the sales they have on the Gen 2 Mastodon's and got the pro version. I only had two rides on it and haven't got the setting how I like yet but so far, it's pretty nice. I had the travel set to 110mm because the trails I mostly ride are pretty rough, but I think I'm going to drop it back down to 100mm because I don't like how it raised my bottom bracket. The bike just feels a bit less stable, but other than that the ride is really nice so far.
I also changed to a 40mm stem before which made the bike handle a lot better. That along with a stiffer carbon handlebar really changed the way the bike handles.
Plus the bike looks way betterSmile .

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2024 at 17:40 Quote
I always wondered how the levers on the stanchions got passed in testing. Because if you are wearing gloves, they shred the fabric like a cheese grater. And if you are riding a fat bike in the snow then you are 99% chance wearing gloves! How did Manitou produce a fatbike fork so prone to shredding gloves!?

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2024 at 13:01 Quote
luke59 wrote:
photo

So I took advantage of the sales they have on the Gen 2 Mastodon's and got the pro version. I only had two rides on it and haven't got the setting how I like yet but so far, it's pretty nice. I had the travel set to 110mm because the trails I mostly ride are pretty rough, but I think I'm going to drop it back down to 100mm because I don't like how it raised my bottom bracket. The bike just feels a bit less stable, but other than that the ride is really nice so far.
I also changed to a 40mm stem before which made the bike handle a lot better. That along with a stiffer carbon handlebar really changed the way the bike handles.

I've been toying with the idea of a Mastodon on my Bigfoot. Looks great and I love the idea of some squish because I've just been riding a lot of the same summer trails on the fatty.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 6:10 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
luke59 wrote:
photo

I've been toying with the idea of a Mastodon on my Bigfoot. Looks great and I love the idea of some squish because I've just been riding a lot of the same summer trails on the fatty.
It really changes the way the bike rides. Even on ice it smooths out the vibrations. Also the bike now rides a lot like a true trail bike. As much as it can with tires that big lol. Now I'm really curious how it will ride in the summer when I put the smaller Dillinger 4s on.
I have a small but technical trail system behind my house and love taking my fat bike over my FS bike in there because the trails are not well maintained. The smaller tires struggle too much in some areas whereas the fatter tires just have more grip. Now with the fork it should be twice as fun Smile

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 7:55 Quote
An angle set might be a great addition too.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 26, 2024 at 6:54 Quote
luke59 wrote:
The smaller tires struggle too much in some areas whereas the fatter tires just have more grip. Now with the fork it should be twice as fun Smile

I added a Mastodon Comp 120 EXT to my Blizzard and it 100% made it more capable on rooty sections. Really helped those meaty sidelugs grip. Instead of being a jack-hammer and rattling your teeth out. The cush of f a t tires can only do so much. And there's a fine window of too much air or not enough. The fork really helps with that. Actually have a few off-camber tech root segments that I PR'd with the f a t t y compared to my trail bike. The grip is stupendous for a hardtail.

Now that I've got a 29+ setup I'm thankful to have the fork. It's a 120 hardtail trailbike now.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018361
Mobile Version of Website