H2 Rotor, worth it?

PB Forum :: SRAM
H2 Rotor, worth it?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 9:27 Quote
My Spur came with G2 RSC. They are ok, but don't love them.

Due to the bike, I sometimes ride a little more than what a 120mm should be doing, so would like little more power out of the stoppers. Dont want to spend the time, money for new stoppers.

Would H2 Rotors and replacing the fluid with something like Motul RBF600 will help me out?

Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 9:47 Quote
I would start with a bleed as the factory jobs aren't always great, I doubt aftermarket fluid will noticeably affect performance though.

Biggest upgrade for those brakes will be bigger rotors and better pads. Last Spur I put together I recall coming with 180/160 rotors and organic pads. Going to 180/180 or 200/180 and Sram sintered or aftermarket pads will be a big improvement in power/heat management.

HS2 rotors will make the brakes feel a little snappier since they are a thicker rotor but I doubt you'll be able to notice any other benefits given the same rotor diameter. Personally I'd just go with bigger centerline rotors and spend the extra money on aftermarket brake pads, like MTX golds which will make a more noticeable difference.

Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 16:30 Quote
Thanks for the advice. Gonna give rebleed and some new pads first.

Rotors next if I am still not happy.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 17:50 Quote
Really take your time de-gassing the dot fluid. It goes a long way in helping the brake feel great. I now approach it like painting: 90% is prep, 10% is actually doing the bleed.

Posted: Feb 15, 2022 at 12:15 Quote
Anybody run the HS2 rotor with the TRP DH Evo brakes? They recommend a 2.3mm thick rotor for the Trp's.....
I've got 2 bikes, one with sram code rsc and the other Trp dh r evo's & I'd like to be able to switch between wheel sets without having to change the rotors.

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
I would start with a bleed as the factory jobs aren't always great, I doubt aftermarket fluid will noticeably affect performance though.

Biggest upgrade for those brakes will be bigger rotors and better pads. Last Spur I put together I recall coming with 180/160 rotors and organic pads. Going to 180/180 or 200/180 and Sram sintered or aftermarket pads will be a big improvement in power/heat management.

HS2 rotors will make the brakes feel a little snappier since they are a thicker rotor but I doubt you'll be able to notice any other benefits given the same rotor diameter. Personally I'd just go with bigger centerline rotors and spend the extra money on aftermarket brake pads, like MTX golds which will make a more noticeable difference.

I have Code Rs and MTX gold pads made a noticeable difference.

I went from hating the brakes to loving them.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2022 at 11:29 Quote
Anyones H2’s really noisey?

Put them on with pads worn to the centreline disks but have plenty of pad left. Aligned them best I can. brakes are newly bled with all pistons free and pulling evenly. All I get is turkey noise.

Could it be the pads are contaminated?

Also get a low humming from them when on steep descents and dragging them.

Brake performance and bite seem better but the noise is horrid. Front (220mm) being worse than back.

Any ideas

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 11:38 Quote
Andy87MTB wrote:

Put them on with pads worn to the centreline disks but have plenty of pad left. Aligned them best I can. brakes are newly bled with all pistons free and pulling evenly. All I get is turkey noise.

Brake performance and bite seem better but the noise is horrid. Front (220mm) being worse than back.

Any ideas

Did you clean the rotors? Even from the factory they can come with a bunch of crap on them.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2022 at 11:47 Quote
riding-wild wrote:
Andy87MTB wrote:

Any ideas

Did you clean the rotors? Even from the factory they can come with a bunch of crap on them.

Very good point, didnt even consider due to them being “new”.

Got some disk cleaner will give them a scrub up and maybe lightly sand the pads too.

Thanks

O+
Posted: May 31, 2022 at 13:05 Quote
Turns out the pads were shot. Even after cleaning the disks and scrubbing the pads they sounded like horns.
Changed for some sintered pads which has made a massive difference. Haven’t tried them in anger yet but all is feeling and sounding good.

*** Edit for anyones who’s interested

New pads sorted the issue no noise at all now.

Disks provide better bite and a small but noticeable increase in performance . Seemed to brake better for longer during long steep runs. Happy with the upgrade

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009646
Mobile Version of Website