Powered by Outside

March XC training camp/vacation. Where would you go?

PB Forum :: 29ers
March XC training camp/vacation. Where would you go?

Author Message
O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
I am looking to spend the first three weeks of march training for the XC season. I am from the north and looking for some decent temperatures, gravel roads and preferably XC trails to spend long days on!

A couple of my preferences!

Elevation

No ice/snow

Decent night life. Not city like but a decent town that my wife and I can get dinner in and a beer.

Not looking to be in a city atmosphere

Honestly Flagstaff looks awesome, I really would like to go there but I’m told the trails won’t be good in March from the snow. Anything similar that you guys/girls recommend?

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 16:21 Quote
I usually go to North Carolina in March. Decent weather (for someone who is in the middle of winter in Canada). Asheville is cool, and you can stay in a smaller city in the surrounding area. Dupont should make you happy.

Posted: Feb 18, 2022 at 13:21 Quote
Yep, NC mountains are very good for that. Bent Creek is good, lots of gravel type options and lots of climbing. Lots of breweries and good eats around the town. Check out Brevard and The Hub bike shop.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 6:32 Quote
Thanks for the tips. NC is on the short list!

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006155
Mobile Version of Website