Can i put a DH fork on my enduro ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Can i put a DH fork on my enduro ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 21:39 Quote
can I put a dh fork on an Orbea Rallon (Carbon, 170mm travel) without damaging anything?

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 0:18 Quote
To be on the safe side for the axle to crown length, I'd lower the travel to 180mm on the DH fork. But other than that, sure. Make sure the lower and upper crown do clear the headtube/toptube/downtube area, going full lock on either side and see if anything hits.

Was tempted to do that on my ebike (29" 170mm) after a 3rd warranty on a Zeb, but ended up not doing it and got a Lyrik.

FL
Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 3:24 Quote
Putting a dual crown on enduro bikes can sometimes void the warranty, as they are not always designed to cope with the extra stress of the stiffer fork, and the potential of the side of the frame getting bumped by the forks. I would ask Orbea, and see what they say. Physically there's nothing stopping you, but if you want to keep warranty then maybe something to think about.

Usually a dual crown has -10mm axle to crown to a single crown, so a dual crown at 190mm would be similar to a single crown at 180mm. I'd not go over 190mm dual crown on an enduro bike to preserve the geometery

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011206
Mobile Version of Website