Replacing Bottom Out O-Ring on RS Deluxe RT 2018

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Replacing Bottom Out O-Ring on RS Deluxe RT 2018
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 18:47 Quote
Trunnion shock. Bottom out o-ring is broken. I have that and a 50hr service kit already.

Can I remove the head of the shock from the shaft to avoid disassembly of the whole damper? I dont have the air valve adapter to repressurize and I dont have the 7wt.

Ill just order them anyway but meanwhile wondering if it just threads in and I can do it top down.

I'm sure this is a bad idea or not possible but if I can not miss another week and a half (fastest I can ship them) of prime conditions that would be great. My damper was 200 hr serviced about 120 hrs ago by a shop so I have at least one more service interval after this one before I really need to open the damper up.

I have also considered reusing the fluid inside of it and getting a shop to pump it back up after I reassemble. Also not ideal.

Please tell me how dumb I am and to just order the stuff already in the comments. Thanks!

FL
Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 19:10 Quote
Ksmcarthur wrote:
Trunnion shock. Bottom out o-ring is broken. I have that and a 50hr service kit already.

Can I remove the head of the shock from the shaft to avoid disassembly of the whole damper? I dont have the air valve adapter to repressurize and I dont have the 7wt.

Ill just order them anyway but meanwhile wondering if it just threads in and I can do it top down.

I'm sure this is a bad idea or not possible but if I can not miss another week and a half (fastest I can ship them) of prime conditions that would be great. My damper was 200 hr serviced about 120 hrs ago by a shop so I have at least one more service interval after this one before I really need to open the damper up.

I have also considered reusing the fluid inside of it and getting a shop to pump it back up after I reassemble. Also not ideal.

Please tell me how dumb I am and to just order the stuff already in the comments. Thanks!

are you talking about the red o ring on a air shock or the big bumper on a coil shock

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 19:27 Quote
Yeah, the actual bottom out bumper on an air shock is not visible, and the visible sag meter o-ring is not the bottom out bumper, nor is it otherwise mission critical.

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 20:25 Quote
I'm talking about the bottom out Oring that is inside the shock underneath the bottom out washer. If you open the shock to add or remove tokens, it is visible on the shaft and needs to be slid down out of the way with the washer and the blue piston head so you can put tokens above it.

Posted: Apr 20, 2022 at 21:32 Quote
The only way to replace the bottom out bumper on the damper shaft is to remove the lower portion of rhe shock (damper) and the main bearing (part that it screws into). To remove both of these requires a full service. If the bumper is broken - it's time for a full service anyways

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008667
Mobile Version of Website