Brand new nomad is creaking - why?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Brand new nomad is creaking - why?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2023 at 6:25 Quote
Bit late to this party but I think I know what it is. So my rear end started creaking on a brand new V5 Frame I had a few weeks.

Completely stripped, cleaned and regressed all the linkage and it was when doing that I noticed the problem, the creak is caused by the break / gear cables rubbing where they come out of the rear triangle. If you grip the cables and compress the suspension no creaks. Let the cables free and compress and it creaks. I haven't found a work around yet but now I know what it is it doesn't bother me. I can't hear it when i'm riding only when I'm stationary.

Posted: Jun 27, 2023 at 10:41 Quote
Garpur44 wrote:
Bit late to this party but I think I know what it is. So my rear end started creaking on a brand new V5 Frame I had a few weeks.

Completely stripped, cleaned and regressed all the linkage and it was when doing that I noticed the problem, the creak is caused by the break / gear cables rubbing where they come out of the rear triangle. If you grip the cables and compress the suspension no creaks. Let the cables free and compress and it creaks. I haven't found a work around yet but now I know what it is it doesn't bother me. I can't hear it when i'm riding only when I'm stationary.

I'd be inclined to zip tie the cables down right where they exit. All that rubbing is going to start to wear away some material in the long run.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024356
Mobile Version of Website