Cornering chunky corners

PB Forum :: Beginners
Cornering chunky corners
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 17:34 Quote
I live up in the Sierra Nevada mountains and pretty much all the trails around here have pretty chunky rock gardens (rocks probably stick up between 4 and 6 inches). Usually they are weaving through large boulders on either side. These scenarios are everywhere up here and they give me a pretty hard time. Since I am new to riding I tend to ride a little slow anyway, but then you add in narrow trails and super chunky turns and I cant actually make the turn a lot of the time. Is speed the biggest benefit here?

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 21:57 Quote
Keeping up your momentum, yes, and also bigger wheels--this is where 29" is definitely better than 27.5".

FL
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 22:53 Quote
as a 26 for lifer I would disagree on wheel size but, this is deffo one of those the faster you go the easier it is type things. This is THE most valuble lesson I learned in MTB, That and stay off the brakes ;D

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 11:39 Quote
Keep your head/eyes up.
Try and look around or through the corner.
Try and ride with someone that can pick a good line and fallow them until you learn how to pick a good line for yourself.
Momentum does help a lot. Sometimes using a higher/harder gear or two helps also. It slows your legs down so you’re not trying to spin at 1000 RPM while bouncing off the rocks.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008133
Mobile Version of Website