Juicy 7 or Hayes 9?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Juicy 7 or Hayes 9?
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
is that even a question? i have hays 9s on one of my bikes, and my old bike had juicy 3s and the 3s were far better than the nines were i absolutly hate my 9s im getting 5s or 7s soon
juciy 3s are not better than nines, i find juciys hard to blead. I wouldnt bother with avid unless buying the 7s, or codes.

FL
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
ninjaty wrote:
juicy 7 hands down. like night and day

and midnightBatman

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
ninjaty wrote:

and midnightBatman
Twilight...

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
ninjaty wrote:

and midnightBatman
haha that was good!!

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 20:50 Quote
frsbighit wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
is that even a question? i have hays 9s on one of my bikes, and my old bike had juicy 3s and the 3s were far better than the nines were i absolutly hate my 9s im getting 5s or 7s soon
juciy 3s are not better than nines, i find juciys hard to blead. I wouldnt bother with avid unless buying the 7s, or codes.

wow, you Suck at bleeding then, avids are Super Easy to bleed. and They come with a proper bleed kit unlike the 9's which as many have discovered SHOULD come With a bleed syringe but instead come With a shitty bottle.

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 9:01 Quote
in my oppinion id rather have juicy 3s than 9s i hate the way 9s feel, absolute garbage

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 9:16 Quote
there is no comparison i would never purchase another hayes brake. i had they hayes nines on my old hardtail and all i had was problems with them and they never work well. my new bike has bb7 with speed dial levers and they even feel better then they nines. Juicy sevens are very nice brakes get them. hayes sucks

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
How can you even compares juicy sevens to hayes nines? First of all, the nines are basically a budget brake while the sevens are more expensive. Personally i ride the new stroker trail and those brakes are amazing! I have never used juicys so i cant compare... but the sevens and nines are on two different levels... if you have the money get the 7's, or the stroker trail!

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
wow end the damn thread austin you didnt order shit you dumb idiot

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 21:25 Quote
superbarnes65 wrote:
How can you even compares juicy sevens to hayes nines? First of all, the nines are basically a budget brake while the sevens are more expensive. Personally i ride the new stroker trail and those brakes are amazing! I have never used juicys so i cant compare... but the sevens and nines are on two different levels... if you have the money get the 7's, or the stroker trail!
in all honestry i find the lever arch in stroker atrocious avid brakes had a great ergonomic lever arch best brakes for the money in my opinion are the juicies

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
superbarnes65 wrote:
in all honestry i find the lever arch in stroker atrocious avid brakes had a great ergonomic lever arch best brakes for the money in my opinion are the juicies

Well its all about the feeling you prefer... the juicies ive felt didnt give me that good feeling that ive gotten with hayes. But whatever, at those prices youre pretty much getting what you pay for which is high quality, and it all depends on what feel you prefer.

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
superbarnes65 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
superbarnes65 wrote:

Well its all about the feeling you prefer... the juicies ive felt didnt give me that good feeling that ive gotten with hayes. But whatever, at those prices youre pretty much getting what you pay for which is high quality, and it all depends on what feel you prefer.
you would only notice on a long ride but the leevr arch on a juicy causes less hang crams because it is smaller compared to hayes

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 21:41 Quote
frsbighit wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
my hayes 9 hd 8" brakes sucked! after being in the shop after every ride, and feeling like crap, and when i wanted to stop they wouldn't work! juicy 3 is far superior to the hayes 9 HD. so everyone who thinks anything different can. but i'll go faster than u

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 21:43 Quote
makripper wrote:
frsbighit wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
my hayes 9 hd 8" brakes sucked! after being in the shop after every ride, and feeling like crap, and when i wanted to stop they wouldn't work! juicy 3 is far superior to the hayes 9 HD. so everyone who thinks anything different can. but i'll go faster than u
the avid bleed method is way better at getting air out you just need 3 hands

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
i have nines on my hardtail, and they are super reliable (for me at least) the nines suck for any type of ridng that requires alot of braking, but other than that they work fine. I dont own jucies, but ive ridden them and dont like them. they seem to be either on or off. I just recently got the stroker trails and they are amazing, no fade on long runs, plenty of power, excellent modulation, and the lever feels so natural. I absolutely love my strokers. I vote the strokers way better than jucies or nines.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019398
Mobile Version of Website