Zeb front rotor

PB Forum :: SRAM
Zeb front rotor
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2022 at 19:58 Quote
I bought a zeb and it says that it can take a 200mm rotor without an adapter. I put my codes with a 200mm rotor on and it seems like the disc isn’t big enough (hard to explain). It looks like the pads aren’t making full contact (the top of the pad isn’t making contact with the disc). Are other people having this issue? It looks like a 203mm disc would work perfect.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 11:46 Quote
s3ntin3l wrote:
I bought a zeb and it says that it can take a 200mm rotor without an adapter. I put my codes with a 200mm rotor on and it seems like the disc isn’t big enough (hard to explain). It looks like the pads aren’t making full contact (the top of the pad isn’t making contact with the disc). Are other people having this issue? It looks like a 203mm disc would work perfect.

How much of the pad is not contacting. It is normal for there to be a millimeter or so not contacting, but if it’s half the pad there is something weird.

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 14:17 Quote
I would say around 2-3mmish. It just looks different from the rear. The rear rotor goes to the top of the pad. I’ve been riding it and there doesn’t seem to be any issues.

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 18:08 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
s3ntin3l wrote:

How much of the pad is not contacting. It is normal for there to be a millimeter or so not contacting, but if it’s half the pad there is something weird.

Any part of the pad not touching any rotor is a problem, because when the rest of the pads wear away, those ridges will start to foul on each other and make your brakes lose power.

I would agree that it's a moderately common defect in forks and frames to have the caliper mounts a little too far out, but it needs to be addressed by facing the mount to the correct radius (if you're sure that's the issue).

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 19:33 Quote
My caliper is mounted directly to the fork. I guess I can file down the mount on the caliper, or I can get a 203mm rotor and use spacers. I will try to get some pictures posted.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 2:57 Quote
I've had exactly that issue with the stock Code R brakes and Lyrik on a 2021 Trek Slash. It's like the rotor is about 2mm too small in diameter. I've tried SRAM and third party pads, same issue.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 5:44 Quote
AgentDagnamit wrote:
I've had exactly that issue with the stock Code R brakes and Lyrik on a 2021 Trek Slash. It's like the rotor is about 2mm too small in diameter. I've tried SRAM and third party pads, same issue.

Did you end up riding it or making a change? Did it cause you any issues?

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2022 at 1:45 Quote
Trek are carrying out some measurements this week...

Posted: Oct 30, 2022 at 2:33 Quote
I've had this issue when using third party pads with Code brakes. Not so much with SRAM pads.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2022 at 8:37 Quote
Was nothing to do with pads. The bike has been with Trek under warranty and has had both brake mounts faced downed a few mm each to match the rotor size. I assume other 2021 Slash's will have the same issue

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2023 at 6:20 Quote
My issue was resolved with 203mm rotor.

Posted: Jan 19, 2023 at 18:58 Quote
Haha so a SRAM (Rockshox parent company) fork with a SRAM Code brake only works when you use a Shimano-sized rotor? WTG, SRAM!

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2023 at 7:11 Quote
Dang, just got 1.5mm washers for a new My23 ZEB to run the Shimano 203mm rotors. Haven't installed the fork yet, probably tonight. Would be a nice surprise if I don't have to use the washers. lol

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008924
Mobile Version of Website